chat icon

WhatsApp Expert

Book Free Consult

Suhas Jadav (Brain Cancer Survivor)

Suhas Jadav (Brain Cancer Survivor)

In 2007, I was in BSc, 2nd year. I had to travel a lot to attend classes. I started having headaches that felt like my skull was going to explode. I thought it might be because I have to travel and am exhausted. After a few days, I started experiencing dizziness, weakness, and blackout for 10 to 20 seconds. My neck used to move to one side; I had no control over it. So, my parents decided to get it checked by some expert. We met a local doctor, who ordered multiple tests, but everything came normal in reports. My problem started increasing with time. This time my doctor recommended for city scan. This time my brain cancer was diagnosed. It was a difficult time for my family and me. My parents and sister were shocked. My parents were agitated, but they never expressed it in front of me. My father informed me that I had a brain tumor, but nothing was too dangerous. It will be treated without much difficulty, and I will be alright.

I was somewhat in shock. I thought the headaches would either go away on their own or be easily treatable, but now my whole life had been turned upside down.

Treatment and surgery

I am very fortunate that I met with experienced and humbled doctors on the cancer journey who took proper care of everything like a family. My treatment continued for one and a half years, and then surgery was conducted. It took eight long hours. The surgery was complicated, but I was fortunate to have experienced doctors who did my treatment successfully. After the surgery, radiation therapy continued for one month. Then I had to undergo second and third surgery to be fully cured. It was a tough time for all the family. The third surgery continued for 4 hours, and I had to stay in the hospital for 20 days. After the surgery, my body was paralysed, so I could not walk.

Side effects of treatment

It was tough to cope with the side effect. I had a severe headache, blood in vomiting, and loose motion. I had the sensation of nausea and vomiting throughout the day. I was only eating batata bada and chapati. Due to the side effect of brain surgery, my eyed ball had shifted to one side. I had memory loss for some time. I do not remember anything between January 2011 to November 2011. I had blisters on my body. The physical and mental pain was beyond imagination. I was unable to bear it.

Break in study

I was studying in BSc second year when I was diagnosed with cancer. With the continues treatment, and side-effect of treatment, I could not continue my study. Even my sister had to leave her job as a professor. She left her job so that she can take care of me.

Lifestyle changes after cancer

After the surgery, I was paralysed for some time. Proper food, plenty of water and walking practice were these things suggested by my doctor for my faster recovery. My parents strictly followed the instruction given by the doctor. I took food on time, followed routine life and took sound sleep. Any person needs to follow these basic rules to live a healthy life. I take a sound sleep of around nine hours every day.

Related Articles
We're here to help you. Contact at [email protected] or call +91 99 3070 9000 for any assistance