Effects Of Berberine On Treating Cancer as Berberine, in the last few decades, has been used for several purposes, including Cancer Treatment. Moreover, Berberine is used for treating a multitude of conditions such as reducing blood sugar levels, lowering inflammation, boosting the immune system, and eliminating cancer-producing cells in the body. It has extensively been used in treating side effects of chemotherapy, immunotherapy, and Radiotherapy.
One of the most fundamental aspects of Berberine is that it kills and eliminates microbes and toxins from the body, along with reducing blood sugar and blood fats. Many oncologists have started using Metformin, a drug used for testing diabetes, to fight against distinctive types of cancer symptoms. Berberine is very similar to Metformin and is thus believed to be able to have the same effect as Metformin.
What is berberine?
Berberine is extracted from the plant Berberis and is an isoquinoline alkaloid compound. It is mostly found in nutritious herbs such as Chinese Isatis, Goldenseal, barberry bark, and Oregon grape root. According to an expert named Alan Hopking, Berberine has properties more powerful than that of antibiotics used for fighting against pathogens.
This unique alkaloid enhances the spleen’s blood supply to boost the immune system. Many experts use Berberine for activating macrophages. Berberine has efficacious qualities that help in hindering the formation of tumors. Berberine is thus said to possess anti-neoplastic features.
Effects Of Berberine On Treating different types of cancer Cancer
According to experts, over 500 studies suggest that Berberine plays a fundamental role in treating cancer.
- Colorectal Cancer Berberine comprises an array of vital actions. One such imperative action is the capability of lowering blood sugar levels. Thus, Berberine has an anti-inflammatory feature and other powerful digestive perks. These digestive features play a vital role in killing pathogens and yeasts. These features come together to fight Colorectal Cancer. A study conducted in 2017 suggests that Berberine inhibits invasion and metastases of cancer cells. It restricts Cox-2, Matrix metalloproteinases expression, and reduces phosphorylation in Vitro and Vivo.
- Breast Cancer A study conducted in 2016 suggests that Curcumin and Berberine together caused apoptosis, indicating death in cancer cells. Therefore, Berberine is an indispensable component that helps eliminate cancer symptoms and cells. Berberine induces apoptosis by killing and preventing the growth of Breast Cancer symptoms and cells. A study from 2016 suggests that Berberine can correct and eliminate Breast Cancer cells due to the AMPK enzyme.
- Brain cancer Berberine is one of the vital elements that hinder gene expression and enzyme action crucial for astrocytoma growth and glioblastoma. A recent study suggests that Berberine is a vital adjunct in Photodynamic Therapy for Cancer. Few experiments also suggest that combining Berberine with other herbs or individual laser treatments were highly effective on cells of glioma. A study in 2004 suggests that Berberine played an imperative role in treating radiotherapy, chemotherapy, and Immunotherapy. Several studies like these suggest that Berberine helps in treating Brain Cancer symptoms and other Cancer Treatment side effects.
- Prostate Cancer According to experts, Berberine can hinder metastatic action in Prostate Cancer cells. Berberine is a distinctive herb that hinders the EMT (Emergency Medical Technicians) program that causes the bones to metastasize. Although radiotherapy, chemotherapy, and other treatments don’t work efficiently on bone metastases, Berberine is said to be comparatively useful.
- A study in 2010 suggested that Berberine can hinder compounds such as NF KappaB. These compounds slow down apoptosis to eliminate the growth of cancer cells.
- Berberine restricts arylamine N-acetyltransferase, an enzyme that initiates the growth of cancer cells.
- A study conducted in 2007 suggested that Berberine performs a plethora of medical activities such as suppressing tumor angiogenesis formation, controlling and managing apoptotic gene expression, and suppressing the signal transduction pathway.
Side effects of using berberine
According to studies, Berberine is said to be safe. It does not carry severe side effects. However, it can potentially cause limited side effects related to digestion. Nausea, stomach upset, and constipation are few of the side effects of Berberine. Some people might also experience rashes, headaches, and other minor skin conditions.
Note: Breastfeeding and pregnant women are highly advised to avoid using Berberine unless your doctor prescribes you to use it. Berberine is not said to be critically harmful to growing fetuses or babies. However, consulting your doctor is essential.
To sum up,
Experts are doing extensive research to analyze the benefits of Berberine. According to studies, Berberine has a potential benefit for treating various conditions such as obesity, diabetes, and heart disease. Berberine comes in the form of capsules. No specific amount of dosage is suggested for consuming; however, one shouldn’t consume more than 1000-1500mg of Berberine a day. Most experts say that Berberine can be prescribed as a verified cancer-curing drug. However, it is best advised to use Berberine by consulting your doctor.