About Dr Donald Babu:
- Dr Donald Babu is an Oncology Surgeon in Fortis Mulund & Hiranandani Hospital, Vashi, Navi Mumbai. He is also specialized in ‘Robotic and laparoscopic Surgeries', ‘LASER', ‘Organ Preservation Surgeries' for Cancer.
- He finished his basic training in General Surgery at Seth GS Medical College and K.E.M. Hospital, Mumbai after which he completed his course in Onco-Surgery from Tata Memorial Cancer Hospital. In his 4 years of service at Tata Hospital, he has acquired skills in dealing with early and advanced cancers. This includes Surgical and Medical management of the same.
- He has special interests in Minimal Invasive Techniques (Robotic & Laparoscopy) in the field of Oncosurgery and has garnered fellowships in the same.
- He is also Honorary Assistant Professor at J. J. Group of Hospitals, Greater Mumbai, heading the department of Oncosurgery at Gokuldas Tejpal[GT] Hospital, and is involved in teaching and academic activities. He has multiple publications in various National and International Journals and has presented poster and papers at various conferences.
- MBBS - Government Medical College, Miraj, 2005
- MS - General Surgery - King Edward Memorial Hospital and Seth Gordhandas Sunderdas Medical College, 2011
- FCPS - General Surgery - King Edward Memorial Hospital and Seth Gordhandas Sunderdas Medical College, 2012
- MCh - Surgical Oncology - Tata Memorial Hospital, Mumbai, 2015
- MRCS (UK) - Edinburgh, U.K, 2014
- FICS - General Surgery - ics, 2016
- 2015 - 2016 Specialist Senior Registrar at Tata Cancer Hospital
- 2011 - 2012 Assistant Medical Officer at Shatabdi Hospital
- Association of Surgeons of India (ASI)
Areas of interest:
- Breast Cancer, Lung Cancer, Leukemia .
- Current Research Project Co-investigator in â€œProspective Comparative Study of Swallowing Quality of Life between patients undergoing â€˜Conventional Glossectomyâ€™ with Hyoid fixation and â€˜Mylohyoid preserving Glossectomyâ€™with natural Hyoid positioningâ€ being conducted at the Tata Memorial Cancer Hospital, Mumbai under guidance of Dr. PrathameshPai, MS[ENT],DNB,DORL,MNAMS, Professor of Head and Neck Oncology.
- Post Graduate Dissertation Worked on a research project and completed a dissertation entitled â€˜Role of Antibiotic prophylaxis in Hernia surgeryâ€™under the guidance of Dr. ShilpaRao, MS, MRCS, FACRSI, Professor of Surgery, Seth G.S. Medical College, Mumbai.
Papers & presentations:
- Gold Medalist - Fellowship in European Board of Surgical Oncology - 2015
- Gold Medal - Fellow in European Board of Surgical Oncology - 2015
Awards & recognition:
- Pelvic Sinus Histiocytosis â€“ A Benign Condition mimicking malignancy; Presented as a poster at the Womenâ€™s Cancer Initiative [WCI] Conference held at Tata Memorial Hospital,Mumbai on 27th October 2013
- Compound Volvulus of the Ileum and Sigmoid â€“ A rare presentation of Acute Intestinal Obstruction Presented as a poster in the Maharashtra State Chapter Conference [MASICON] held at Grand Hyatt, Mumbai in March 2011. Won 1st Prize.
- Acute on chronic pancreatitis due to monosodium glutamateâ€™Chinese restaurant illness.â€™ Presented as a poster in the 33rd annual conference Maharashtra State Chapter of ASI held at Grand Hyatt, Mumbai in February 2011.
- Role of antibiotic prophylaxisfor inguinal hernioplasty in reducing SSI post operatively. Presented as a poster in the 33rd annual conference Maharashtra State Chapter of ASI held at Grand Hyatt, Mumbai in February 2011.
- HemosuccusPancteaticus in a patient of chronic pancreatitis. Presented as a poster in the 33rd annual conference Maharashtra State Chapter of ASI held at Grand Hyatt, Mumbai in February 2011
Frequently asked questions:
Who is Dr Donald Babu?
Dr Donald Babu's educational qualifications include MBBS, MS - General Surgery, FCPS - General Surgery, MCh - Surgical Oncology, MRCS (UK), FICS - General Surgery. Dr Donald Babu is a member of Association of Surgeons of India (ASI). Dr Donald Babu's areas of interest include Breast Cancer, Lung Cancer, Leukemia ..
Where does Dr Donald Babu practice?
Dr Donald Babu practices at Acharya Shri Nanesh Hospital, Mumbai; Reliance Hospital, Navi Mumbai
Why do patients visit Dr Donald Babu?
Patients frequently visit Dr Donald Babu for Breast Cancer, Lung Cancer, Leukemia ..
What is Dr Donald Babu's rating?
Dr Donald Babu is a highly rated Surgical Oncologist with positive feedback from most patients treated.
What is Dr Donald Babu's education qualification?
Dr Donald Babu has the following qualifications: MBBS, MS - General Surgery, FCPS - General Surgery, MCh - Surgical Oncology, MRCS (UK), FICS - General Surgery
What does Dr Donald Babu specialize in?
Dr Donald Babu specializes as a Surgical Oncologist with special interest in Breast Cancer, Lung Cancer, Leukemia ..
How many years of experience does Dr Donald Babu have?
Dr Donald Babu has an overall experience of 14 years as a Surgical Oncologist.
How can I book an appointment with Dr Donald Babu?
You can book an appointment with Dr Donald Babu by clicking <>. We shall shortly confirm your booking upon receiving your request.