About Dr Ashok Komaranchath:
- A Medical Oncologist with more than 7 years of experience, Dr Ashok Komaranchath is an expert in management of solid tumours, lymphomas and myelomas. Trained at some of the finest medical institutes in India, Europe and the United Kingdom, he is also well-versed in advanced treatment protocols like Immunotherapy, Targeted therapy and genomics-based therapies for complex malignant conditions. His areas of special interest include management of lung, breast and gastro intestinal cancers.
- FRCP from Royal College of Physicians, Glasgow
- MRCP from Royal College of Physicians, United Kingdom
- DM in Medical Oncology from Kidwai Memorial Institute of Oncology, Bangalore,
- MRCP from Royal College of Physicians, United Kingdom,
- MD in General Medicine from Kasturba Medical College, Manipal,
- MBBS from Govt. Medical College, Calicut
- Consultant & Head - Department of Medical Oncology, Lisie Hospital, Kochi
- Associate Consultant - Medical Oncology, PVS Memorial Hospital, Kochi
- First rank in Medical Oncology, Kidwai Memorial Institute of Oncology, Bangalore
- European Society for Medical Oncology (ESMO)
- American Society of Clinical Oncology (ASCO)
- Indian Medical Association (IMA)
- Association of Physicians of India (API)
- Indian Society of Medical and Paediatric Oncology (ISMPO)
- Royal College of Physicians of London
- European Association for Cancer Research (EACR)
Areas of interest:
- Breast Cancer, Gastrointestinal (GI) Cancer, Lung Cancer, Myeloma.
- An analysis of the demographic profile, clinical manifestations, investigations and outcome of paediatric myelodysplastic syndrome: A single centre, cross-sectional study. Appaji Lingegowda, Lakshmaiah Kuntegowdenahalli, Ashok Komaranchath, Lakshmi Devi, Prasanna Kumari, Mangesh Kamath. Int J Cancer Ther Oncol 2015;3(3):337
- Demographic profile of pediatric osteosarcoma in south india: a single institution experience. Ashok S Komaranchath, L. Appaji, K. C. Lakshmaiah, Mangesh Kamath, Rekha V Kumar. IJMRHS 2015;4(3):551-554.
- A rare case of primary anaplastic large cell Lymphoma of the central nervous system. Lakshmaiah C Kuntegowdenahalli, Linu Abraham Jacob, Ashok S Komaranchath, Usha Amirtham. J Can Res Ther. Published ahead of print, Aug. 2015
- Unicentric Castleman's disease: An unusual cause of neck swelling. Komaranchath AS, Rudresh AH, Lakshmaiah K C, Premalata CS, Loknatha D, Jacob LA. J Case Rep Images Oncology 2015;1:5â€“9.
- A rare case of adult alveolar Rhabdomyosarcoma of the lacrimal sac. Ashok Komaranchath, Loknatha Dasappa, Lakshmaiah KC, Bharatnur S, Agarwal A. SEAJCRR. 2015; 4(2): 1494-1499
- Adenocarcinoma of lung presenting as unilateral blindness: A Case report. Govind Babu,Ashok S Komaranchath,Suresh TM,Suresh Babu,Mangesh Kamath. Am J Canc Case Rep. 2015,3:60-64
- Osler-Weber-Rendu Syndrome: A Rare Cause Of Upper Gi Bleed. International Journal of Medical Research and Health Sciences; AS Komaranchath et al IJMRHS. 2013; 2(3): 682-685
- Heller-DÃ¶hle Syndrome: A Rare Case of Syphilitic Aortitis with Calified Ascending Aortic Aneurysm in an Elderly Lady American Journal of Medical Case Reports ; A Komaranchath et al AJMCR 2013; Vol 1, No.1, Aug 2013
- Epididymal and Prostatic Histoplasmosis in a renal transplant recipient from Southern India: A Case report Transplant Infectious Disease Journal (Published online; 26 AUG 2011)
- Successful treatment of right-sided native valve methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus endocarditis and septicaemia with teicoplanin and rifampicin: A case report Scandinavian Journal of Infectious Diseases July 2012, Vol. 44, No. 7 , Pages 544-547
- Neuroendocrine neoplasms of the esophagus - emerging clinicopathological trends and outcomes of a rare entity (CONFERENCE PAPER in ANNALS OF ONCOLOGY 26(SUPPL 9):41-41 . DECEMBER 2015) Presented at ESMO-ASIA Dec.2015
Papers & presentations:
- Best Research Hypothesis, 33rd ICON-Sept.2015; Coimbatore
- Best Oral Presentation, Global Cancer Summit, Bangalore. Nov.2015
- 1st Rank in DM Medical Oncology Entrance, RGUHS, Bangalore 2013
Awards & recognition:
- Prognostic Significance of quantitative EBV DNA levels in adult Hodgkins Lymphoma. Won BEST RESEARCH HYPOTHESIS WITH A RESEARCH GRANT OF Rs. 3,00,000/- at the 33rd ICON conference, Sept. 2015 Coimbatore
- An analysis of the demographic profile, clinical presentation and treatment outcomes of Paediatric Myelodysplastic Syndrome. Won BEST ORAL PRESENTATION AWARD at the GLOBAL CANCER SUMMIT - Nov. 2015, Bangalore
- Neuroendocrine neoplasms of the esophagus - emerging clinicopathological trends and outcomes of a rare entity (CONFERENCE PAPER in ANNALS OF ONCOLOGY 26(SUPPL 9):41-41 . DECEMBER 2015) Presented at ESMO-ASIA Singapore, Dec.2015
- Plasmablastic Lymphoma of the Gastrointestinal Tract: A rare entity with a dismal Prognosis Poster Presentation at Biennial Joint ISMPO-ISO conference, Nov. 2015, Mumbai
Frequently asked questions:
Who is Dr Ashok Komaranchath?
Dr Ashok Komaranchath's educational qualifications include FRCP ,MRCP,DM ,MRCP ,MD,MBBS. Dr Ashok Komaranchath is a member of European Society for Medical Oncology (ESMO)
American Society of Clinical Oncology (ASCO)
Indian Medical Association (IMA)
Association of Physicians of India (API)
Indian Society of Medical and Paediatric Oncology (ISMPO)
Royal College of Physicians of London
European Association for Cancer Research (EACR). Dr Ashok Komaranchath's areas of interest include Breast Cancer, Gastrointestinal (GI) Cancer, Lung Cancer, Myeloma..
Where does Dr Ashok Komaranchath practice?
Dr Ashok Komaranchath practices at Aster Medcity, Kochi
Why do patients visit Dr Ashok Komaranchath?
Patients frequently visit Dr Ashok Komaranchath for Breast Cancer, Gastrointestinal (GI) Cancer, Lung Cancer, Myeloma..
What is Dr Ashok Komaranchath's rating?
Dr Ashok Komaranchath is a highly rated Medical Oncologist with positive feedback from most patients treated.
What is Dr Ashok Komaranchath's education qualification?
Dr Ashok Komaranchath has the following qualifications: FRCP ,MRCP,DM ,MRCP ,MD,MBBS
What does Dr Ashok Komaranchath specialize in?
Dr Ashok Komaranchath specializes as a Medical Oncologist with special interest in Breast Cancer, Gastrointestinal (GI) Cancer, Lung Cancer, Myeloma..
How many years of experience does Dr Ashok Komaranchath have?
Dr Ashok Komaranchath has an overall experience of 7 years as a Medical Oncologist.
How can I book an appointment with Dr Ashok Komaranchath?
You can book an appointment with Dr Ashok Komaranchath by clicking <>. We shall shortly confirm your booking upon receiving your request.