About Dr Biswajyoti Hazarika:
- Dr Biswajyoti Hazarika has been in the specialized field of Head & Neck Surgery for the last 16 years. His area of expertise includes Surgery for tumors/ cancer of the Head and Neck region (which comprises the oral cavity, the nose and the para-nasal sinuses, the larynx, the pharynx, the salivary glands, thyroid and the parathyroid glands. Dr Hazarika is an accomplished in his field of specialty and is well versed with the plastic reconstruction of the resected part as well as endoscopic and minimal access Surgery in the region of Head & Neck. Robotic Head & Neck Surgery is the latest addition to his acquisitions. Besides surgical procedures Dr Hazarika also takes deep interest in the functional rehabilitation of all Head and Neck Cancer patients.
- Soon after his fellowship in Head & Neck Surgery from Kidwai Memorial Institute of Onoclogy, Bangalore Dr Hazarika went on to complete his residency in Dr B Barooah Cancer Centre, Guwahati. He thereafter worked in Prince Aly Khan Hospital, Mumbai (under the tutelage of Dr Sultan A Pradhan)- the myriad experience has given him tremendous insight to the various gradations of Head and Neck Oncology as a whole.
- MBBS - Gauhati Medical College, Guwahati, 1995
- MS - ENT - Assam Medial College, Dibrugarh, 2001
- Fellow (Surgical Oncology) - Kidwai Memorial Institute of Oncology, 2002
- 2003 - 2005 Resident(Dpt of Head & Neck Surgery at Dr B Borooah Cancer Institute, Guwahati 2005 - 2008 Clinical Assistant(Dpt of Surgical Oncology at Prince Aly Khan Hospital 2009 - Present Consultant at Max cancer center,, Max Super specialty Hospital
- Delhi Medical Council
- Foundation for Head & Neck oncology India
- Patron - Assam Rock and Sports Climbing Association Guwahati
Areas of interest:
- Head And Neck Cancer, Gynecological Cancer, Breast Cancer, Lung Cancer, Ewing Sarcoma.
- Pradhan, Sultan & Khannan, Rajan & Hazarika, Biswajyoti & Desai, Meena. (2007). Sinonasal epithelial - Myoepithelial carcinoma - A rare entity. Indian journal of otolaryngology and head and neck Surgery : official publication of the Association of Otolaryngologists of India. 59. 168-70. https://doi.org/10.1007/s12070-007-0050-1
- Jain, Sanjay & Varma, Ravi & Hazarika, Biswajyoti & Pradhan, Sultan & Momin, Asif. (2009). Reinke's edema. The Indian journal of radiology & imaging. 19. 296-7. https://doi.org/10.4103/0971-3026.57212
- Hakeem, Arsheed & Hazarika, Biswajyoti & Pradhan, Sultan & Kannan, Rajan. (2009). Primary pleomorphic adenoma of minor salivary gland in the parapharyngeal space. World journal of surgical oncology. 7. 85. https://doi.org/ 10.1186/1477-7819-7-85
- Hakeem, Arsheed & Hazarika, Biswajyoti & Ih, Hakeem. (2013). Clear cell myoepithelioma of the hard palate. Annals of Saudi medicine. 33. 492-4. https://doi.org/10.5144/0256-4947.2013.492
- Hakeem, Arsheed & B, Hazarika & Ih, Hakeem. (2013). Clear cell myoepithelioma of the hard palate. Annals of saudi medicine. 33. 492-4. https://doi.org/10.5144/0256-4947.2013.492.
- Julaha, Manish & Hazarika, Biswajyoti & Mukherjee, Urmi & Chaturvedi, Harit. (2011). O28. Tumour depth and pattern of invasion: There relationship to neck nodal metastasis in oral cavity squamous cell carcinomas. Oral Oncology - ORAL ONCOL. 47. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.oraloncology.2011.06.139
- Bhattacharya, Shreya & Chaturvedi, Harit & Abrari, Andleeb & Hazarika, Biswajyoti. (2015). Subcutaneous implantation of metastatic carcinoma: An unpredicted event following endoscopic parathroidectomy for adenoma. South Asian journal of cancer. 4. 45-6. https://doi.org/10.4103/2278-330X.149953
- Anand, Anil & Agarwal, Pankaj & Gulia, Abhishek & Goel, Vineeta & Jain, Jyotika & Chaturvedi, Harit & Hazarika, Biswajyoti & Mukherjee, Urmi & Arora, Deepak & Bansal, Anil. (2017). Significance of perineural invasion in locally advanced bucco alveolar complex carcinomas treated with Surgery and postoperative radiation +/− concurrent Chemotherapy. Head & Neck. 39. https://doi.org/10.1002/hed.24792
- Bahl, Ankur & Singh, Komal & Choudhary, Pragati & Anand, Anil & Chaoudhoory, Amal & Chaturvedi, Harit & Hazarika, Biswajyoti & Pawar, D.. (2018). Nimotuzumab with Concurrent Chemoradiation in Inoperable Locally Advanced Squamous Cell Carcinoma of Head and Neck: An Indian Experience. Journal of Cancer Therapy. 09. 89-100. https://doi.org/10.4236/jct.2018.91010
Papers & presentations:
- Blue Star Best post Graduate Award
Frequently asked questions:
Who is Dr Biswajyoti Hazarika?
Dr Biswajyoti Hazarika's educational qualifications include MBBS, MS - ENT, Fellow (Surgical Oncology). Dr Biswajyoti Hazarika is a member of Delhi Medical Council
Foundation for Head & Neck oncology India
Patron - Assam Rock and Sports Climbing Association Guwahati. Dr Biswajyoti Hazarika's areas of interest include Head And Neck Cancer, Gynecological Cancer, Breast Cancer, Lung Cancer, Ewing Sarcoma..
Where does Dr Biswajyoti Hazarika practice?
Dr Biswajyoti Hazarika practices at Artemis Hospitals, Gurgaon
Why do patients visit Dr Biswajyoti Hazarika?
Patients frequently visit Dr Biswajyoti Hazarika for Head And Neck Cancer, Gynecological Cancer, Breast Cancer, Lung Cancer, Ewing Sarcoma..
What is Dr Biswajyoti Hazarika's rating?
Dr Biswajyoti Hazarika is a highly rated Surgical Oncologist with positive feedback from most patients treated.
What is Dr Biswajyoti Hazarika's education qualification?
Dr Biswajyoti Hazarika has the following qualifications: MBBS, MS - ENT, Fellow (Surgical Oncology)
What does Dr Biswajyoti Hazarika specialize in?
Dr Biswajyoti Hazarika specializes as a Surgical Oncologist with special interest in Head And Neck Cancer, Gynecological Cancer, Breast Cancer, Lung Cancer, Ewing Sarcoma..
How many years of experience does Dr Biswajyoti Hazarika have?
Dr Biswajyoti Hazarika has an overall experience of 14 years as a Surgical Oncologist.
How can I book an appointment with Dr Biswajyoti Hazarika?
You can book an appointment with Dr Biswajyoti Hazarika by clicking <>. We shall shortly confirm your booking upon receiving your request.