About Dr Vishal Sawant:
- Dr Vishal Vishnu Sawant is a Pediatric Surgeon, qualified from the prestigious Wadia Children's Hospital in 1998. He has been practicing in various hospitals in Goa for the past 18 years. He has started the department of Pediatric Surgery at Goa Medical College where he worked as a consultant from 2005 to 2014.
- Apart from General Pediatric and Neonatal Surgery, he has a special interest in Congenital Anomalies involving the genito- urinary system in general and Hypospadias repair in particular.
- MBBS - Goa Medical College, Panaji, 1990
- MS - General Surgery - Goa Medical College, Panaji, 1995
- MCh - Pediatric Surgery - Bai Jerbai Wadia Hospital for Children, 1998
- 1992 - 1995 Junior Resident in Gen Surgery at Goa Medical College 1995 - 1996 Senior Resident in Gen Surgery at Goa Medical College 1996 - 1998 Superspeciality Registrar at B J Wadia Hospital for Children 1998 - 1999 Senior Registrar at B J Wadia Hospital for Children 1999 - 2000 Lecturer/ Assistant Professor at BJWHC and Seth GS Medical College ( KEM) 2000 - 2005 Consultant Pediatric Surgeon at Manipal Goa Hospital 2005 - 2014 Senior Consultant Pediatric Surgeon at Goa Medical College
- Indian Association of Pediatric Surgeon (IAPS)
Areas of interest:
Papers & presentations:
- Second College Prize in ENT and Ophtamology, Goa Medical college - 1990
- Second Rank of Mumbai University for MCh in Pediatric Surgery - 1998
- Runner Up for UC Chakravarty Award Paper for National Conference in Pediatric Surgery, Kolkota - 1999
- Dr. Irani Award for the Best Paper of the MCIAPS Conference, Panvel. - 2013
- Started the Department of Paediatric Surgery at Goa Medical College - 2005
Frequently asked questions:
Who is Dr Vishal Sawant?
Dr Vishal Sawant's educational qualifications include MBBS, MS, DNB (General Surgery) M Ch (Pediatric Surgery), Visiting observer at Children's hospital Philadelphia (CHOP), UK. Dr Vishal Sawant is a member of Indian Association of Pediatric Surgeon (IAPS). Dr Vishal Sawant's areas of interest include Genitourinary Cancer.
Where does Dr Vishal Sawant practice?
Dr Vishal Sawant practices at Healthway Hospitals, Goa
Why do patients visit Dr Vishal Sawant?
Patients frequently visit Dr Vishal Sawant for Genitourinary Cancer.
What is Dr Vishal Sawant's rating?
Dr Vishal Sawant is a highly rated Pediatric Surgeon with positive feedback from most patients treated.
What is Dr Vishal Sawant's education qualification?
Dr Vishal Sawant has the following qualifications: MBBS, MS, DNB (General Surgery) M Ch (Pediatric Surgery), Visiting observer at Children's hospital Philadelphia (CHOP), UK
What does Dr Vishal Sawant specialize in?
Dr Vishal Sawant specializes as a Pediatric Surgeon with special interest in Genitourinary Cancer.
How many years of experience does Dr Vishal Sawant have?
Dr Vishal Sawant has an overall experience of 24 years as a Pediatric Surgeon.
How can I book an appointment with Dr Vishal Sawant?
You can book an appointment with Dr Vishal Sawant by clicking <>. We shall shortly confirm your booking upon receiving your request.