About Dr Sapna Nangia:
- Dr Sapna Nangia is a highly proficient clinical and radiation oncologist with versatile experience spanning across cancer management, application of precise radiation techniques, research, academics, public education and awareness. With a rich experience of more than 33 years as a doctor and 24 years as an oncologist, she has been associated with some of the most reputed institutes like Indraprastha Apollo Hospitals, Fortis Hospitals' International Oncology Centre and the Army Medical Corps to name a few.
- She has been trained for proton therapy by observerships at Miami Cancer Institute, Miami, Maryland Proton Treatment Center, Baltimore and Procure Proton Therapy Centre, New Jersey. She has also visited City of Hope, Duarte, Los Angeles as an observer for Tomotherapy and Total Marrow Irradiation.
- Dr Nangia has been an observer at Montefiore Einstein Center for Cancer Care, New York, Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Centre, New York and Moores Cancer Centre, San Diego earlier.
- MBBS - Armed Forces Medical College, Pune in 1985 ,MD Radiotherapy at Sanjay Gandhi Institute of Medical Science, Lucknow in 1994
- Senior Consultant & Academic Coordinator at Indraprastha Apollo Hospital (2012 - 2018)
- Chief Radiation Oncologist, International Oncology Centre, Fortis Hospital, Noida
- Consultant, Medical Affairs at Varian Medical Systems (2017- 2018)
- Delhi Medical Council
- Association of Radiation Oncologists of India (AROI)
- Foundation for Head and Neck Oncology (FHNO)
- American Society for Therapeutic Oncology (ASTRO)
- European Society for Radiotherapy & Oncology (ESTRO)
- Association of Gynecologic Oncologists of India - AGOI
- Indian Society of Neuro-Oncology (ISNO)
Areas of interest:
- Breast Cancer, Head And Neck Cancer, Genitourinary Cancer .
- Sharma, Pramod & Srivastava, Roopam & Noufal, M. & Garg, M. & Nangia, Sapna. (2011). Evaluation of Spine Stereotactic Body Radiotherapy (SBRT) Using Volumetric Modulated Arc Therapy (Rapid Arc). Fuel and Energy Abstracts. 81. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ijrobp.2011.06.1562
- Aqqarwal, A. & Nangia, Sapna & Saini, Gagan & Garg, M. & Sharma, R. & Srivastava, Roopam. (2011). 8019 POSTER Internal Margins (IM) for Vaginal Vault in Postoperative Gynecological Malignancies – a Study of Eight Patients Using Daily CBCTs. European Journal of Cancer - EUR J CANCER. 47. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0959-8049(11)72107-4
- Saini, Gagan & Aggarwal, Anchal & Sharma, Pramod & Chomal, Manish & Srivastava, Roopam & Nangia, Sapna & Garg, Madhur. (2012). Response to “Development and Evaluation of Multiple Isocentric Volumetric Modulated Arc Therapy Technique for Craniospinal Axis Radiotherapy Planning” (Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys 2011; Feb23). International journal of radiation oncology, biology, physics. 82. 494-5; author reply 495. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ijrobp.2011.07.022
- Saini, Gagan & Aggarwal, Anchal & Chomal, Manish & Srivastava, Roopam & Sharma, Pramod & Nangia, Sapna & Garg, Madhur. (2012). Cranio-spinal irradiation with volumetric modulated arc therapy: A multi-institutional treatment experience. Radiotherapy and oncology : journal of the European Society for Therapeutic Radiology and Oncology. 102. 322; author reply 322-3. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.radonc.2011.08.033
- Chomal, Manish & Saini, Gagan & Sinha, Ashutosh & Aggarwal, Anchal & Jain, Amit & Srivastava, Roopam & Sharma, Pramod & Nangia, Sapna. (2012). In Reply to Dr. Cashmore and Colleagues: Lowering Whole-Body Radiation Doses in Pediatric Intensity – Modulated Radiotherapy Through the Use of Unflattened Photon Beams: Cashmore J et al. (Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys 2011;80:1220–1227). International journal of radiation oncology, biology, physics. 82. 1324-5. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ijrobp.2011.10.007
- Saini, Gagan & Aggarwal, Anchal & Srivastava, Roopam & Sharma, Pramod & Garg, Madhur & Nangia, Sapna & Chomal, Manish. (2012). Image-Guided Radiation therapy for Muscle-Invasive Carcinoma of the Urinary Bladder with Cone Beam CT Scan: Use of Individualized Internal Target Volumes for a Single Patient. Case reports in oncology. 5. 498-505. https://doi.org/10.1159/000342912
- Nangia, Sapna. (2014). Multileaf collimator on telecobalt machine: Improvement in quality of cancer care in the developing world. http://www.cancerjournal.net/text.asp?2014/10/3/781/142836 J Can Res Ther. 10. 781. Srivastava, Roopam & Saini, Gagan & Sharma, Pramod & Chomal, Manish & Aagarwal, Anchal & Nangia, Sapna & Garg, Madhur. (2015). A technique to reduce low dose region for craniospinal irradiation (CSI) with RapidArc and its dosimetric comparison with 3D conformal technique (3DCRT). Journal of cancer research and therapeutics. 11. 488-91. https://doi.org/10.4103/0973-1482.144556
- Nangia, Sapna & Gupta, Subash & Agarwal, Shaleen & Rastogi, Harsh & Vohra, Sandeep & Goyal, Neerav & Agarwal, Anchal & Balakrishnan, Priya & Khosa, Robin & Rout, Sanjay & Oomen, Saji. (2016). Aggressive down staging in hepatocellular carcinoma with portal vein tumour thrombus: Initial results of SHORT + TACE as neoadjuvant treatment before Surgery.. https://www.researchgate.net/profile/Sapna_Nangia/publication/298996554_Aggressive_down_staging_in_hepatocellular_carcinoma_with_portal_vein_tumour_thrombus_Initial_results_of_SHORT_TACE_as_neoadjuvant_treatment_before_surgery/links/56ee1c1308ae4b8b5e748e58/Aggressive-down-staging-in-hepatocellular-carcinoma-with-portal-vein-tumour-thrombus-Initial-results-of-SHORT-TACE-as-neoadjuvant-treatment-before-surgery
- Khosa, Robin & Seth, Shishir & Nangia, Sapna. (2017). Metachronous solitary plasmacytoma. BMJ Case Reports. 2017. bcr-2017. https://doi.org/10.1136/bcr-2017-221780
- Singh, Maneesh & Nangia, Sapna & Cudahy, Terence & Mir, Ruquaya. (2018). Adjuvant conundrum in central mucoepidermoid carcinoma of the mandible: Case presentation and literature review. BMJ Case Reports. 2018. bcr-2018. https://doi.org/10.1136/bcr-2018-226380
- Tewari, Krishnansu & Agarwal, A. & Pathak, A. & Ramesh, A. & Parikh, B. & Singhal, M. & Saini, Gagan & Sushma, P. & Huilgol, N. & Gundeti, Sadashivudu & Gupta, S. & Nangia, Sapna & Rawat, Sheh & Alurkar, S. & Goswami, V. & Swarup, B. & Ugile, B. & Jain, S. & Kukreja, A.. (2018). Meeting report, “First Indian national conference on Cervical Cancer management - expert recommendations and identification of barriers to implementation”. Gynecologic Oncology Research and Practice. 5. https://doi.org/10.1186/s40661-018-0061-5
- Khosa, Robin & Nangia, Sapna & Chufal, Kundan & Ghosh, Drishti & Kaul, Rakesh & Sharma, Lalit. (2010). Daily online localization using implanted fiducial markers and its impact on planning target volume for carcinoma prostate. Journal of cancer research and therapeutics. 6. 172-8. https://doi.org/10.4103/0973-1482.65244
- Datta, Niloy & Kumar, Shalendra & Nangia, Sapna & Hukku, S & Ayyagari, S. (1998). A non-randomized comparison of two Radiotherapy protocols in inoperable squamous cell carcinoma of the oesophagus. Clinical oncology (Royal College of Radiologists (Great Britain)). 10. 306-12. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0936-6555(98)80083-6
- Rawat, Sheh & Anand, Anil & Nangia, Sapna & H.K., Chaturvedi. (2002). Primary leiomyosarcoma of heart: a case report and review of literature.. Radiation Oncology. 2. 91. https://www.researchgate.net/profile/Sheh_Rawat/publication/256465632_Primary_leiomyosarcoma_of_heart_a_case_report_and_review_of_literature/links/00b49522ea0e443321000000/Primary-leiomyosarcoma-of-heart-a-case-report-and-review-of-literature.pdf
- Chufal, Kundan & Nangia, Sapna & Tyagi, Atul & Arivazhagan, V. & Srinivas, P. & Ghosh, Drishti. (2006). Intensity modulated Radiotherapy using compensators for Head and Neck Cancer patients: Impact of dosimetric parameters on clinical outcome. International journal of radiation oncology, biology, physics. 66. s453-s454. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ijrobp.2006.07.849
- Nangia, Sapna & Chufal, Kundan & Arivazhagan, V & Srinivas, P & Tyagi, A & Ghosh, Drishti. (2006). Compensator-based Intensity-modulated Radiotherapy in Head and Neck Cancer: Our Experience in Achieving Dosimetric Parameters and their Clinical Correlation. Clinical oncology (Royal College of Radiologists (Great Britain)). 18. 485-92. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.clon.2006.03.018
- Rawat, Sheh & Nangia, Sapna & Ezhilalan, R & Bansal, A & Ghosh, Drishti. (2007). Variance in the treatment of vertebral haemangiomas. Journal of the Indian Medical Association. 105. 42, 44-5, 48. https://www.researchgate.net/profile/Sheh_Rawat/publication/6037459_Variance_in_the_treatment_of_vertebral_haemangiomas/links/0046353735cf0ac85f000000/Variance-in-the-treatment-of-vertebral-haemangiomas.pdf
- Tyagi, A. & Nangia, Sapna & Chufal, Kundan & Mishra, M. & Ghosh, Drishti & Singh, Mp. (2008). SU-GG-T-164: Quality Assurance and Dosimetric Analysis of Intensity Modulated Radiotherapy Using Compensators for Head and Neck Cancers. Medical Physics - MED PHYS. 35. https://doi.org/10.1118/1.2961915
- Chufal, Kundan & Nangia, Sapna. (2008). Aggression and innovation rather than palliation. Radiotherapy and oncology : journal of the European Society for Therapeutic Radiology and Oncology. 89. 123; author reply 123-4. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.radonc.2008.08.004
- Tyagi, Atul & Nangia, Sapna & Chufal, Kundan & Mishra, Maninder & Ghosh, Dhananjay & Supe, Sanjay & Singh, Man. (2009). Quality assurance and dosimetric analysis of intensity modulation Radiotherapy using compensators for head and neck cancers. Pol J Med Phys Eng PL ISSN. 15. 193-208. https://doi.org/10.2478/v10013-009-0019-3
- Nangia, Sapna & Chufal, Kundan & Tyagi, Atul & Bhatnagar, Anshul & Mishra, Manindra & Ghosh, Drishti. (2009). Selective Nodal Irradiation for Head and Neck Cancer Using Intensity-Modulated Radiotherapy: Application of RTOG Consensus Guidelines in Routine Clinical Practice. International journal of radiation oncology, biology, physics. 76. 146-53. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ijrobp.2009.01.060
Papers & presentations:
- Nangia.S. Chufal K. S. Tyagi A. Bhatnagar A. et al Selective nodal irradiation for Head and Neck Cancer using intensity-modulated radiotherapy: application of RTOG consensus guidelines in routine clinical practice Int Journal Radiation Oncol Biol Phys 2010 Jan 76(1) 146 – 53.
- Khosa R, Nangia S, Chufal K S, Ghosh D, Kaul R, Sharma L Daily online localisation using implanted fiducials and its impact on planning target volume for Prostate Cancer. Journal of Cancer Research and Therapeutics 2010 72 (6) 172 -8
- Nangia S, Chufal KS, Arivazhagan V, Srinivas P, Tyagi A, Ghosh D.
- Compensator-based intensity-modulated Radiotherapy in head and neck cancer: our experience in achieving dosimetric parameters and their clinical correlation. Clin Oncol 2006 Aug;18(6):485-92
- Khosa R, Seth S, Nangia S, Metachronous Solitary Plasmacytoma. BMJ Case Reports 2017.
- Nangia S, Gupta S, Agarwal S, Rastogi H, Vohra S, Goyal N, Agarwal A, Balakrishnan P, Khosa R, Rout S, Oomen S. Aggressive downstaging of hepatocellular carcinoma with portal vein tumour thrombus: Initial results of SHORT + TACE as Neoadjuvant treatment before Surgery. EJC 2016;Suppl 1: S31.
- Singh M, Nangia, S, Khosa R, Singh V P. Primary intracranial sarcoma - Report of two cases and a review Of literature. JCRT. 2017 Supplement, Vol. 13, pS245-S245.
- Pandey H, Nangia S, Kashyap V, Khosa R. Primary apocrine carcinoma of the axilla: A case report. JCRT . 2017 Supplement, Vol. 13, pS205-S206.
- R Srivastava, G Saini, Sharma PK, Chomal M, Aggarwal A, Nangia S, Garg M A technique to reduce low dose region for craniospinal irradiation (CSI) with Rapidarc and its dosimetric comparison with 3 D conformal technique. J Can Res Ther 2015;11(2): 488-91.
- Nangia S, Khosa R, Aggarwal A , Balakrishnan P, SelvaKumar A, Rout S, Oomen S In post operative Radiotherapy for oral cancer, is a uniform PRV margin for the cervical spine appropriate? Head and Neck. J Can Res Ther 2015;11:57-87.
- Saini G, Aggarwal A, Srivastava R, Sharma PK, Garg M, Nangia S, Chomal M. Image-guided Radiation therapy for muscle-invasive carcinoma of the urinarybladder with cone beam CT scan: use of individualized internal target volumes for a single patient. Case Rep Oncol. 2012 Sep;5(3):498-505.
- Chomal M, Saini G, Sinha A, Aggarwal A, Jain A, Shrivastava R, Sharma PK,Nangia S. In Reply to Dr. Cashmore and colleagues: Lowering whole-body radiation doses in pediatric intensity - modulated Radiotherapy through the use of unflattened photon beams: Cashmore J et al. (Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys2011;80:1220-1227). Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys. 2012 Mar 15;82(4):13245.
- Saini G, Aggarwal A, Sharma PK, Chomal M, Srivastava R, Nangia S, Garg M. Response to "Development and evaluation of multiple isocentric volumetricmodulated arc therapy technique for craniospinal axis Radiotherapy planning". Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys. 2012 Jan1;82(1):494-5.
- Datta NR , Kumar S, Nangia S, Hukku S, Ayyagari S, A non-randomized comparison of two Radiotherapy protocols in inoperable squamous cell carcinoma of the oesophagus. Clin Oncol 1998;10(5):306-12
- Chufal KS , Nangia S Aggression and innovation rather than palliation. Radiother Oncol. 2008;89:123.
- Tyagi A, Nangia S, Chufal K, Mishra M, Ghosh D, and Singh M P . Quality assurance and dosimetric analysis of Intensity Modulated Radiotherapy using compensators for head and neck cancers. Med. Phys.2008 35(6) 2763-2763.
- Chufal K, Nangia S, Tyagi A, Arivazhagan V, Srinivas P, Ghosh D. Intensity modulated Radiotherapy using compensators for Head and Neck Cancer patients: Impact of dosimetric parameters on clinical outcome Int Journal of Radiation Oncology Biol Phys, 66(3) S453-S454.
- Poster Combined photon electron irradiation of post mastectomy chest wall: Preliminary results, 24th National Conference of AROI, Nov 2002, Bangalore.
Awards & recognition:
- Poster Combined photon electron irradiation of post mastectomy chest wall: Preliminary results, 24th National Conference of AROI, Nov 2002, Bangalore.
Frequently asked questions:
Who is Dr Sapna Nangia?
Dr Sapna Nangia's educational qualifications include MBBS , MD (Radiotherapy & Oncology). Dr Sapna Nangia is a member of Delhi Medical Council
Association of Radiation Oncologists of India (AROI)
Foundation for Head and Neck Oncology (FHNO)
American Society for Therapeutic Oncology (ASTRO)
European Society for Radiotherapy & Oncology (ESTRO)
Association of Gynecologic Oncologists of India - AGOI
Indian Society of Neuro-Oncology (ISNO). Dr Sapna Nangia's areas of interest include Breast Cancer, Head And Neck Cancer, Genitourinary Cancer ..
Where does Dr Sapna Nangia practice?
Dr Sapna Nangia practices at Apollo Proton, Chennai
Why do patients visit Dr Sapna Nangia?
Patients frequently visit Dr Sapna Nangia for Breast Cancer, Head And Neck Cancer, Genitourinary Cancer ..
What is Dr Sapna Nangia's rating?
Dr Sapna Nangia is a highly rated Radiation Oncologist with positive feedback from most patients treated.
What is Dr Sapna Nangia's education qualification?
Dr Sapna Nangia has the following qualifications: MBBS , MD (Radiotherapy & Oncology)
What does Dr Sapna Nangia specialize in?
Dr Sapna Nangia specializes as a Radiation Oncologist with special interest in Breast Cancer, Head And Neck Cancer, Genitourinary Cancer ..
How many years of experience does Dr Sapna Nangia have?
Dr Sapna Nangia has an overall experience of 24 years as a Radiation Oncologist.
How can I book an appointment with Dr Sapna Nangia?
You can book an appointment with Dr Sapna Nangia by clicking <>. We shall shortly confirm your booking upon receiving your request.