About Dr Vinayak Munirathnam:
- Dr Vinayak Munirathnam has over 6 years of experience in medical Oncology and Hemato-Oncology. Dr Vinayak is trained in Medical Oncology, Hematology & Stem Cell Transplant from a top institute in Cochin along with fellowship training in Pediatric & Adult Oncology and transplant from a reputed institute in Japan.
- His key area of interests includes Gastrointestinal Oncology, Genitourinary Malignancies, Testicular malignancies, Thoracic Cancers, Brain tumours and also Breast and Gynecological Oncology.
- MBBS - Dr. B.R Ambedkar Medical College
- MD - MS Ramaiah Medical College
- DM (Medical Oncology) - Amrita Institute of Medical Sciences
- Fellowship in Hematology and Transplant - Mie University
- Consultant,HCG Hospitals Bangalore,Jan 2018 – Present
- Consultant,Columbia Asia Hospitals Pvt. Ltd. Sarjapur ,Bangalore,2017 – Present
- Senior Resident,Amrita Institute of Medical Sciences and Research Centre,Jun 2013 – Present
- Senior Specialist,ASTER MEDCITY,Aug 2016 – Oct 2017
- European Society of Medical Oncology (ESMO)
- European society of digestive oncology
Areas of interest:
- Blood Cancer, Breast Cancer, Melanoma, Ewing Sarcoma, Head And Neck Cancer, Brain Cancer, Gastrointestinal (GI) Cancer, Testicular Cancer.
- Prabhu, Raghuveer & Boyella, Pavan & Munirathnam, Vinayak & G., Rema & George, Annu & S., Vijay & Sidharthan, Neeraj & Vidyadharan, Geeta & Nair, Indu. (2015). HLH, Lymphoma, CMV and HLH : Heterogeneous Presentation of HLH in Lymphoma. Indian Journal of Cancer Education and Research. 3. 71-74. https://doi.org/10.21088/ijcer.2321.9815.3215.4
- Munirathnam, Vinayak & Philip, A. & R, B. & Km, Sheymaa & Pavithran, Keechilat & Jose, Wesley. (2016). Analysis of EGFRvIII and EGFR overexpression in glioma and its prognostic significance. Japanese Society of Medical Oncology. 27. https://doi.org/10.1093/annonc/mdw367.20
- Philip, A. & Munirathnam, Vinayak & Pavithran, Keechilat & Jose, Wesley & Menon, Durgapoorna & Pillai, Ranjini. (2016). Treatment outcome in medulloblastoma with the POG 9031 protocol : a single institution review. Japanese Society of Medical Oncology. 27. https://doi.org/10.1093/annonc/mdw367.12
- Bambroo, Sahil & Jose, Wesley & Munirathnam, Vinayak & Pavithran, Keechilat & Vikkath, Narendranath & MR, Bindhu & Menon, Durgapoorna & Philip, A. & Jose, Mathews & Boyella, Pavan & Karimassery, Sundaram. (2018). EGFR 18,19, vIII in GBM. https://doi.org/10.13140/RG.2.2.16790.91201
- Jose, Wesley & Munirathnam, Vinayak & Vikkath, Narendranath & Philip, Arun & MR, bindhu & Pavithran, Keechilat. (2019). Analysis of frequency of alterations in EGFR exon 18-21 in Glioblastoma multiforme and its prognostic significance -A single centre experience from India. IOSR Journal of Pharmacy and Biological Sciences. 14. 14-19. https://doi.org/10.9790/3008-1404031419
- Khadakban, Dhiraj & Kudpaje, Akshay & Thankappan, Krishnakumar & Jayaprasad, Kiran & Gorasia, Tejal & Vidhyadharan, Sivakumar & Mathew, Jimmy & Sharma, Mohit & Iyer, Subramania. (2015). Reconstructive Indications of Anterolateral Thigh Free Flaps in Head and Neck Reconstruction. Craniomaxillofacial Trauma and Reconstruction. 9. https://doi.org/10.1055/s-0035-1558455
- Shetty, Sameep & Kudpaje, Akshay & Jayaraj, Rama & Rao, Vishal & Shah, Prit. (2019). Tongue cancer: A discrete oral cavity subsite. Oral Oncology. 99. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.oraloncology.2019.06.029
- Shetty, Sameep & Rao, Vishal & Kudpaje, Akshay & Mithra, Surya & Merchant, Yash & Shabadi, Nikita. (2020). An oncologist perspective on COVID 19: A mysterious cryptic virus. Oral Oncology. 105. 104694. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.oraloncology.2020.104694
Papers & presentations:
- He was awarded the best outgoing post-graduate award during his MD.
Frequently asked questions:
Who is Dr Vinayak Munirathnam?
Dr Vinayak Munirathnam's educational qualifications include MBBS, MD, DM, Fellowship. Dr Vinayak Munirathnam is a member of European Society of Medical Oncology (ESMO)
European society of digestive oncology. Dr Vinayak Munirathnam's areas of interest include Blood Cancer, Breast Cancer, Melanoma, Ewing Sarcoma, Head And Neck Cancer, Brain Cancer, Gastrointestinal (GI) Cancer, Testicular Cancer..
Where does Dr Vinayak Munirathnam practice?
Dr Vinayak Munirathnam practices at HCG Hospital, Double Road, Bangalore; HCG Cancer Centre, Kalinga Rao Road, Bangalore
Why do patients visit Dr Vinayak Munirathnam?
Patients frequently visit Dr Vinayak Munirathnam for Blood Cancer, Breast Cancer, Melanoma, Ewing Sarcoma, Head And Neck Cancer, Brain Cancer, Gastrointestinal (GI) Cancer, Testicular Cancer..
What is Dr Vinayak Munirathnam's rating?
Dr Vinayak Munirathnam is a highly rated Medical Oncologist with positive feedback from most patients treated.
What is Dr Vinayak Munirathnam's education qualification?
Dr Vinayak Munirathnam has the following qualifications: MBBS, MD, DM, Fellowship
What does Dr Vinayak Munirathnam specialize in?
Dr Vinayak Munirathnam specializes as a Medical Oncologist with special interest in Blood Cancer, Breast Cancer, Melanoma, Ewing Sarcoma, Head And Neck Cancer, Brain Cancer, Gastrointestinal (GI) Cancer, Testicular Cancer..
How many years of experience does Dr Vinayak Munirathnam have?
Dr Vinayak Munirathnam has an overall experience of 6 years as a Medical Oncologist.
How can I book an appointment with Dr Vinayak Munirathnam?
You can book an appointment with Dr Vinayak Munirathnam by clicking <>. We shall shortly confirm your booking upon receiving your request.