About Dr Shekhar Patil:
- Dr Shekhar Patil has been practising medicine for over 20 years, including over 15 years in the Medical Oncology Specialization. He started his career as a registrar in Medical Oncology at Bombay Hospital in 1989. He went on to join the All India Institute of Medical Sciences, New Delhi, as a Senior Resident in Medical Oncology, in 1990. Currently, he is the Senior Consultant Medical Oncologist at HCG, since 1992. Dr Patil treats 20-30 patients every day, with conventional, high dose chemotherapy, for both solid and haematological malignancies. His knowledge and expertise span a vast area including, intraperitoneal Chemotherapy as consolidation in advanced Ovarian Cancers Concurrent radiation and Chemotherapy (BIP) in Carcinoma Cervix Bone Marrow Transplantation Oral recombinant human lactoferrin with Carboplatin Chemotherapy in Gynaecological Malignancies Treatment of Lymphomas Treatment of Acute Myeloid Leukaemia.
- He has also participated in over 50 cancer detection camps in rural areas, since 1992, organized by Health Education Council, Bangalore Institute of Oncology (HCG) and various other non-government organizations, on a regular basis.
- MBBS from Gulbarga University
- MD (General Medicine) from Gulbarga University
- DM (Oncology)from The Tamil Nadu Dr. M.G.R. Medical University (TNMGRMU)
- Registrar in Medical Oncology at Bombay Hospital in 1989. All India Institute of Medical Sciences, New Delhi
- Senior Resident in Medical Oncology, in 1990
- Senior Consultant Medical Oncologist at HCG, since 1992
- Indian Medical Association (IMA)
- Bangalore Oncology Group.
Areas of interest:
- Blood Cancer, Ovarian Cancer, Bone Sarcomas, Gynecological Cancer, Lymphoma, Cervical Cancer.
- Kodagali, Rohit & Gupta, Sudeep & Rajappa, Senthill & Advani, Suresh & Agarwal, Amit & Aggarwal, Shyam & Goswami, Chanchal & Dattatreya, Palanki & Arya, Devavrat & Patil, Shekhar. (2019). A non-interventional, multicenter study to assess prevalence of BRCA1 and BRCA2 mutation among ovarian, primary peritoneal, and fallopian tube cancer patients in India.. Journal of Clinical Oncology. 37. e13073-e13073. https://doi.org/10.1200/JCO.2019.37.15_suppl.e13073
- Digumarti, Raghunadharao & Wang, Yenyun & Raman, Ganapathi & Doval, Dinesh & Advani, Suresh & Julka, Pramod & Parikh, Purvish & Patil, Shekhar & Nag, Shona & Madhavan, Jayaprakash & Bapna, Ajay & Ranade, Annantbhushan & Varadhachary, Atul & Malik, Rajesh. (2011). A Randomized, Double-Blind, Placebo-Controlled, Phase II Study of Oral Talactoferrin in Combination with Carboplatin and Paclitaxel in Previously Untreated Locally Advanced or Metastatic Non-small Cell Lung Cancer. Journal of thoracic oncology : official publication of the International Association for the Study of Lung Cancer. 6. 1098-103. https://doi.org/10.1097/JTO.0b013e3182156250
- Parikh, Purvish & Vaid, Ashok & Advani, Suresh & Digumarti, Raghunadharao & Madhavan, Jayaprakash & Nag, Shona & Bapna, Ajay & Sekhon, Jagmohan singh & Patil, Shekhar & Ismail, Preeti & Wang, Yenyun & Varadhachary, Atul & Zhu, Junming & Malik, Rajesh. (2011). Randomized, Double-Blind, Placebo-Controlled Phase II Study of Single-Agent Oral Talactoferrin in Patients With Locally Advanced or Metastatic Non-Small-Cell Lung Cancer That Progressed After Chemotherapy. Journal of clinical oncology : official journal of the American Society of Clinical Oncology. 29. 4129-36. https://doi.org/10.1200/JCO.2010.34.4127
- Aggarwal, Shyam & Patil, Shekhar & Minhans, Sachin & Pungliya, Manish & N, Soumitra. (2012). A study of EGFR mutation in nonsmoker NSCLC: Striking disparity between north and south India patients.. Journal of Clinical Oncology. 30. e18041-e18041. https://doi.org/10.1200/jco.2012.30.15_suppl.e18041
- Ranade, Anantbhushan & Bapsy, Poonamalle & Nag, Shona & Digumarti, Raghunadharao & Raina, Vinod & Advani, Suresh & Patil, Shekhar & Maru, Anish & Gangadharan, Vadavattath & Goswami, Chanchal & Sekhon, Jagmohan singh & Sambasivaiah, Kuraparthy & Parikh, Purvish & Bakshi, Ashish & Mohapatra, Ranjan. (2012). A multicenter phase II randomized study of Cremophor-free polymeric nanoparticle formulation of paclitaxel in women with locally advanced and/or metastatic Breast Cancer after failure of anthracycline. Asia-Pacific journal of clinical oncology. 9. https://doi.org/10.1111/ajco.12035
- Nimmagadda, Ramesh & Digumarti, Raghunadharao & Nair, Reena & Bhurani, Dinesh & Raina, Vinod & Aggarwal, Shyam & Patil, Shekhar & Gogoi, Pabitra & Sundaram, Subramanian & Goswami, Chanchal & Apte, Shashikant & Chakravarthy, Srinivas & Pathak, Anand. (2013). Histopathological pattern of lymphomas and clinical presentation and outcomes of diffuse large B cell lymphoma: A multicenter registry based study from India. Indian journal of medical and paediatric oncology : official journal of Indian Society of Medical & Paediatric Oncology. 34. 299-304. https://doi.org/10.4103/0971-5851.125250
- Jain, Minish & Patil, Shekhar & Pathak, Anand & Deshmukh, Chetan & Bhatt, Niraj & K, Govind Babu & Haritha, Chiramana & Bondarde, Shailesh & Digumarti, Raghunadharao & Bajpai, Jyoti & Kumar, Ravi & Gupte, Smita & Bakshi, Ashish & Bhattacharyya, Gouri & Patil, Poonam & Subramanian, S & Vaid, Ashok & Desai, Chirag & Bapsy, P & Divekar, Ganesh. (2014). The efficacy and safety of paclitaxel injection concentrate for nano-dispersion (PICN) at two different doses versus paclitaxel albumin-stabilized nanoparticle formulation in subjects with metastatic Breast Cancer (MBC).. Journal of Clinical Oncology. 32. 1069-1069. https://doi.org/10.1200/jco.2014.32.15_suppl.1069
Frequently asked questions:
Who is Dr Shekhar Patil?
Dr Shekhar Patil's educational qualifications include MBBS, MD, DM. Dr Shekhar Patil is a member of Indian Medical Association (IMA)
Bangalore Oncology Group.. Dr Shekhar Patil's areas of interest include Blood Cancer, Ovarian Cancer, Bone Sarcomas, Gynecological Cancer, Lymphoma, Cervical Cancer..
Where does Dr Shekhar Patil practice?
Dr Shekhar Patil practices at HCG Hospital, Double Road, Bangalore; HCG Cancer Centre, Kalinga Rao Road, Bangalore
Why do patients visit Dr Shekhar Patil?
Patients frequently visit Dr Shekhar Patil for Blood Cancer, Ovarian Cancer, Bone Sarcomas, Gynecological Cancer, Lymphoma, Cervical Cancer..
What is Dr Shekhar Patil's rating?
Dr Shekhar Patil is a highly rated Medical Oncologist with positive feedback from most patients treated.
What is Dr Shekhar Patil's education qualification?
Dr Shekhar Patil has the following qualifications: MBBS, MD, DM
What does Dr Shekhar Patil specialize in?
Dr Shekhar Patil specializes as a Medical Oncologist with special interest in Blood Cancer, Ovarian Cancer, Bone Sarcomas, Gynecological Cancer, Lymphoma, Cervical Cancer..
How many years of experience does Dr Shekhar Patil have?
Dr Shekhar Patil has an overall experience of 22 years as a Medical Oncologist.
How can I book an appointment with Dr Shekhar Patil?
You can book an appointment with Dr Shekhar Patil by clicking <>. We shall shortly confirm your booking upon receiving your request.