About Dr Rajshekhar C Jaka:
- Dr. Rajshekhar C Jaka is a Surgical Oncologist par excellence, who is specialized in the field of robotic and laparoscopic surgeries. He has undergone exhaustive training in Robotic Surgery from Roswell Park Cancer Institute, New York. With more than 12 years experience in his field, he expertly handles cancer cases. He deals with head& neck, gynecologic, gastrointestinal, thoracic, breast and urologic oncology. He does minimally invasive procedures like MIRP, mediastinoscopy, thoracoscopy, & sentinel lymph node Biopsy. For advanced abdominal malignancies, he does HIPEC. He is bestowed with honors and awards for his contribution in the field of Oncology, including UICC (Union of International against Cancer Control) fellowship USA in 2012. He has presented papers in many national and international conferences, pertaining to his research in minimally invasive procedures and their effectiveness. He has many international & national publications to his credit. He volunteers to conduct free cancer check-up camps, especially in rural parts of Karnataka, to spread a word about cancer awareness
- MBBS - Mahadevappa Rampure Medical College, Gulbarga, 2001
- MS - General Surgery - Rajiv Gandhi University of Health Sciences, Bangalore, India, 2006
- DNB - General Surgery - DNB board, New Delhi, 2007
- Fellowship in Laparoscopic and Robotic Surgical Oncology - Rosswell Park Cancer Institute, 2012
- Certificate in Robotic Surgical Simulator (RoSS) Training - Roswell Park Cancer Institute, Buffalo, New York, 2012
- European Board Certified in Surgical Oncology - European Board of Surgical Oncology, 2012
- FRCS - Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons (RCPS), Glasgow, 2018
- Consultant Oncologist at R L Jalappa Hospital, SDUMC Surgical Oncologist and Robotic Surgeon at Manipal Hospital, Old Airport Road
- Association of Surgeons of India (ASI)
- Indian Association of Surgical Oncology (IASO)
- Association of Breast Surgeons of India (ABSI)
- Bangalore Oncology Group
- Surgical Society Of Bangalore
- All India Jawahar Navodaya Alumni Association
Areas of interest:
- Breast Cancer
- Gynec oncology
- Mouth Cancer
- Tongue Cancer
- Food Pipe (esophageal) Cancer
- Stomach and Colonic Cancer
- Rectal Cancer
- Kidney and Bladder Cancer
- HIPEC specialist
- Soft tissue sarcomas
- Parotid Cancer.
- Jaka RC, Singh G. Complete congenital third branchial fistula on right side. Otolaryngology- Head and neck Surgery 2007; 137: 518-519. Jaka RC, Mohan kumar K, Gopinath KS. Spontaneous expulsion of benign phyllodes. The Breast Journal 2009; 15(3): 309 Jaka RC, Zaveri S, Somashekhar SP, Venkatachala K. Value of frozen section and primary tumour factors in determining sentinellymphnode spread in early breast carcinoma using methylene bluedye - an Indian experience.Abstract. Eur J Surg Oncol2010;36(9):795-932 (Poster accepted at ESSO 2010) Above updated paper is accepted at ASCO 2011 and abstract published in J Clin Oncol 29:2011 (suppl;abstr e11530) Secondary Cytoreductive Surgery and Hyperthermic Intraperitoneal Chemotherapy (CRS+HIPEC) for Recurrent Epithelial Ovarian Cancer (EOC): Indian Experience. J Mol Genet Med 2016, 10:2 http://dx.doi.org/10.4172/1747-0862.1000220 Jaka RC, Shankar M. Hernia uterine inguinale with transverse testicular ectopia and mixed germ cell tumor. Indian J Urol 2007;23:75-6. Jaka RC, Zaveri SS, Somashekhar SP, Sureshchandra,Parameswaran RV. Value of frozen section and primary tumourfactors in determining sentinel lymph node spread in early breastcarcinoma. Indian J Surg Oncol 2010;1(1):27–36 Jaka RC, Somashekhar SP, Zaveri SS, Ahmed Z, Ashwin KR. Intraperitoneal Chemotherapy for epithelial Ovarian Cancer - Singlecenter experience. Indian J Surg Oncol. 2012 Sep;3(3):262-6 Role of Sentinel Lymph Node Biopsy in Early Cervical Cancer.Indian J Surg Oncol (December 2012) 3(4):317–320 Prospective randomized study comparing robotic assisted surgerywith traditional laparotomy for Rectal Cancer – Indian study. Indian JSurgery. DOI 10.1007/s12262-013- 1003-4 Prospective Randomized Study Comparing Robotic-AssistedHysterectomy and Regional Lymphadenectomy with TraditionalLaparotomy for Staging of Endometrial Carcinoma –Initial IndianExperience. Indian J Surg Oncol 2014;5(3):217-223. Total (Transthoracic and Transabdominal) Robotic Radical Three-Stage Esophagectomy—Initial Indian Experience. Indian J SurgDOI 10.1007/s12262-016-1498-6 CANCER PATIENTS BEAR BRUNT OF INDIA-CHINA ROW - Dr Rajashekar Jaka, Consultant - Surgical Oncology; Dr Amit Rauthan, Consultant-Medical Oncology; Manipal Hospitals Old Airport Road. Breast Cancer overtaking lung cancer, says city oncologist - Dr.Rajshekhar C Jaka, Consultant - Surgical Oncology, Manipal Hospitals, Jayanagar.
Frequently asked questions:
Who is Dr Rajshekhar C Jaka?
Dr Rajshekhar C Jaka's educational qualifications include MBBS, MS, DNB (GS), DNB (Surgical Oncology), FRCS, Robotic Fellowship. Dr Rajshekhar C Jaka is a member of Association of Surgeons of India (ASI)
Indian Association of Surgical Oncology (IASO)
Association of Breast Surgeons of India (ABSI)
Bangalore Oncology Group
Surgical Society Of Bangalore
All India Jawahar Navodaya Alumni Association. Dr Rajshekhar C Jaka's areas of interest include Breast Cancer, Gynec oncology, Thyroid, Mouth Cancer, Tongue Cancer, Food Pipe (esophageal) Cancer, Stomach and Colonic Cancer, Rectal Cancer, Kidney and Bladder Cancer, HIPEC specialist, Soft tissue sarcomas, Parotid Cancer..
Where does Dr Rajshekhar C Jaka practice?
Dr Rajshekhar C Jaka practices at Manipal Hospital - Jayanagar, Bangalore; Manipal Hospital - Malleshwaram, Bangalore
Why do patients visit Dr Rajshekhar C Jaka?
Patients frequently visit Dr Rajshekhar C Jaka for Breast Cancer, Gynec oncology, Thyroid, Mouth Cancer, Tongue Cancer, Food Pipe (esophageal) Cancer, Stomach and Colonic Cancer, Rectal Cancer, Kidney and Bladder Cancer, HIPEC specialist, Soft tissue sarcomas, Parotid Cancer..
What is Dr Rajshekhar C Jaka's rating?
Dr Rajshekhar C Jaka is a highly rated Surgical Oncologist with positive feedback from most patients treated.
What is Dr Rajshekhar C Jaka's education qualification?
Dr Rajshekhar C Jaka has the following qualifications: MBBS, MS, DNB (GS), DNB (Surgical Oncology), FRCS, Robotic Fellowship
What does Dr Rajshekhar C Jaka specialize in?
Dr Rajshekhar C Jaka specializes as a Surgical Oncologist with special interest in Breast Cancer, Gynec oncology, Thyroid, Mouth Cancer, Tongue Cancer, Food Pipe (esophageal) Cancer, Stomach and Colonic Cancer, Rectal Cancer, Kidney and Bladder Cancer, HIPEC specialist, Soft tissue sarcomas, Parotid Cancer..
How many years of experience does Dr Rajshekhar C Jaka have?
Dr Rajshekhar C Jaka has an overall experience of 20 years as a Surgical Oncologist.
How can I book an appointment with Dr Rajshekhar C Jaka?
You can book an appointment with Dr Rajshekhar C Jaka by clicking <>. We shall shortly confirm your booking upon receiving your request.