Dr. Vaithiswaran is an eminent Surgical Oncologist specialising in Gastrointestinal and HPB cancers. His area of expertise is in Minimally Invasive management of cancers of the gastro- intestinal tract, the liver and the pancreas.He received his medical and surgical training from distinguished institutions in the country such as JIPMER and AIIMS. He has a rich experience of over 12 years in the field of surgical oncology.
ServicesMinimally Invasive (key-hole) radical surgery for
- Esophageal cancers
- Colorectal cancers
- Stomach cancers
- Pancreatic cancers
- Liver cancers
- Former Assistant Professor in Department of Surgical Oncology at NIMS, Hyderabad.
- Former Consultant Surgeon in Minimally Invasive and GI surgery, GEM hospital, Coimbatore.
- Former Senior consultant and Head, Department of Minimally Invasive and GI surgery, Gleneagles Global Health City, Chennai.
- Performed Live surgical demonstrations in national and state conferences.
- Focus on multi-modality and Tumor board based management on GI and HPB cancers.
- Focus on Early recovery protocols (ERAS) after major surgeries of GI and HPB cancers.
EducationMBBS, M.S (General Surgery), MRCS
- Bachelor degree in Medicine and Surgery (MBBS) from JIPMER, Pondicherry, India in 1998.
- Master of Surgery (MS) in General Surgery from JIPMER, Pondicherry, India in 2003.
- MRCS from Glasgow, UK in 2006.
- Senior Residency in Surgical Oncology- AIIMS, New Delhi 2004 to 2008.
Research / Publication
- Invited faculty in many National and International conferences.
- Co-authored landmark articles in the field of minimally invasive surgery for GI cancers which are published in peer reviewed journals.
- More than twenty abstract publications in International conferences.
- Faculty at skill courses conducted by National Associations – IAGES, IASG, AMASI.
- Presented over 15 papers at International conferences.
- Fellowships: Fellow of Association of Minimal Access Surgeons of India, Fellow of Association of Surgeons of India.
- Best of Videos Presentation: IASG, Pune 2015.
- Best Paper: IASG, Hyderabad 2009.
- Best Paper: ISDE, Kagoshima 2010 (Co- Author).
- Best Videos session: IAGES Hyderabad 2017.
- Certificate of Honour (MBBS) in Microbiology, Paediatrics, Obstetrics and Gynaecology, Preventive and Social Medicine and Biochemistry.