Dr (Gp Capt) V V S Prabhakar Rao with three decades of experience in the field of Nuclear Medicine, PET- CT and Radio Diagnosis got his initial post graduate training of Diploma in Radiation Medicine from premier Army Hospital Delhi Cantt. in 1982, subsequently possessing post graduate degrees of DNB (Nuclear Medicine), MD (Radio Diagnosis) and DNB (Radio Diagnosis) and PG Dip In Geriatric Medicine. Dr. Rao worked as Senior Adviser Nuclear Medicine Armed Forces Medical Services, Professor of Nuclear Medicine, Nizams Institute of Medical Sciences, and in leading Cancer hospitals.
With vast academic and clinical background, trained many Nuclear Medicine and Radio Diagnosis students, published scientific papers in journals, orations, and presentations in national and international conferences. Treated large numbers of Cancer Thyroid patients with Radio Iodine, designed high dose Radio Iodine Therapy wards in Army establishments, state institutions, and tertiary cancer hospitals. Devised innovative closed system high dose radio Iodine administration technique, designed exposure containing FDG dispensing apparatus in PET hot labs, being put to use in many nuclear medicine centres in India. His core area of interest is to maximizing radio isotope usage with low exposure to patients, public and radiation professionals.
- Diagnostic .
- Oncology Imaging thyroid cancer.
- Administrating high dose .
- radioisotope therapies in thyroid cancer
- Nuclear Radiologist,HCG Cancer Centre,Visakhapatnam
EducationDNB (Nuclear Medicine) | M.D. (Radio Diagnosis) | DNB (Radio Diagnosis) and PG Diploma In Geriatric Medicine
- M.B.B.S - Osmania Medical College , 1974.
- D.R.M - Army Hospital Delhi Cantt , 1982.
- D.N.B - Nuclear Medicine - Army Hospital Delhi Cantt , 1986.
- M.D - Radio Diagnosis - INHS Asvini, Mumbai , 1990.
- D.N.B - Radio Diagnosis - INHS Asvini, Mumbai , 1990.
- Post Graduate Diploma - Geriatric Medicine - Nizam's Institute of Medical Sciences, Hyderabad , 2010