Dr. V. Srinivasan has over 18 years of experience as a Clinical Oncologist, administering radiation treatments like external beam radiation and brachy therapy to patients, and using combination therapy methods with state-of-the-art technology and implementing treatment using planning systems with pinpoint accuracy. Dr. Srinivasan has participated in more than 40 clinical trials as Principal Investigator (Phase I to IV and BA / BE Studies) for Oncological drugs and devices, and is trained in Palliative care to provide good pain relief measures & to improve the Quality of Life of cancer patients. He has conducted Early Cancer Detection and Awareness programs along with Cancer Screening Camps including, anti-smoking campaigns. He has completed Fellowship training (2weeks) in Prostate Cancer Brachytherapy at Peter MacCallum Cancer Centre, Melbourne, Australia in October 2006. Dr. V. Srinivasan has also been awarded with a Fellowship in Palliative Medicine from St. Christopher’s Hospice, London, UK, and completed a Multi-Professional Course in June 2007 from Sydenham, London.
- PSA blood test
- Prostate exam
- Prostate cancer biopsy
- Prostate cancer lump
- Prostate cancer screening
- Prostate cancer medication
- Prostate cancer diagnosis
- Prostate tumor
- Prostate carcinoma
Experience DetailsAs a Clinical Oncology Consultant PART TIME
- Tamilnadu Hospitals, Chennai (April 1999-October 2000)
- St. Thomas Hospitals , Chennai (April 1999-September 2001)
- Dr. Rai Memorial Cancer Centre, Chennai (October 1999-September 2001)
- Sree B.M. Hospitals, Chennai(June 1999-September 2001)
- MIOT INTERNATIONAL at Chennai as the Head of Radiation Oncology at MIOT Institute of Cancer Cure from 03 Apr 2017
- Dr.Kamakshi Memorial Hospital at Pallikaranai, Chennai (from Aug 2005 – 30 Sep 2016) as a Full time Consultant Clinical Oncologist providing Radiation Treatment with Dual Energy Digital Linear accelerator (Siemens Primus) using 3D Computerized T.P.S. with the aid of an Oncentra 3DVirtual simulation Workstation . We use HDR microselectron for interstitial and intracavitary Brachytherapy procedures. We have upgraded our department with an Elekta Synergy Linac dedicated for IGRT and IMRT. Involved in clinical trials and provide chemotherapy for all solid tumours.
- Curie Center of Oncology at Malnad Hospital & Institute of Oncology Campus, Shimoga (From Jan 2003 to July 2005) as Consultant Radiation Oncologist providing Radiation Treatment with Alcyon II Tele Cobalt Unit and Computerized T.P.S. with the aid of a Treatment Simulator and Intra-cavitary Brachytherapy using LDR caesium rods.
- Apollo Speciality Hospital, Chennai, TamilNadu (August 2002 to December 2002). Has been working as an Observer and later as Registrar for a period of 5 months. Has been familiar with LINAC delivering 3-D CRT / SRS/SRT and a LINAC with MLC. Has experience with Treatment planning using a simulator and HELAX computerized TPS.
- K.G.Hospital - 300 Bedded Post Graduate ISO CERTIFIED Medical Institution in Coimbatore (October 2001-July 2002) as a Consultant Clinical Oncologist practicing chemotherapy for all malignancies.
EducationM.D. | F.I.P.M. | F.I.C.R.O.
- M.B.B.S. Madras Medical College, Chennai 1993,
- M.C.C.P. College of Chest Physicians, New Delhi 1996
- M.D.R.T Madras Medical College, Chennai 1999
- F.I.P.M. Institute of Palliative Medicine, Calicut. 2005
- Life member of Indian Medical Association (IMA)
- Life member of Association of Radiation Oncologists of India, Tamil Nadu & Pondicherry Chapter. (AROI)
- Life member of Association of Medical Physicists of India (AMPI)
- Life Member of Indian Association of Palliative care. (IAPC)
- Life Member of Indian Brachytherapy Society. (IBS)
- International Member - ASTRO; ASCO; ESTRO; ESMO and ACRP.
- Life Member of Indian Cooperative Oncology Network. (ICON)
- Life Member of Indian Society of Oncology. (ISO)
- Life Member of Indian College of Radiation Oncology. (ICRO)
- Life Member of Rotary Club, Nanganallur.