Dr V. Siva Nageswara Rao completed his postgraduation in radiotherapy from a famous university in Bombay. He also holds a DCP and DMRT.
Dr Rao is the first PDR brachytherapist in India. He has delivered various lectures at national level conferences of AROI. He has visited Singapore to study the Brachytherapy setup at Singapore General Hospital, Singapore, and also attended a user training course, HDR Brachytherapy, in Germany. He has vast experience in telecobalt, linear accelerator & brachytherapy machines (LDR, HDR, and PDR machines), 3DCRT, IMRT, IGRT, SRS procedures, HDR brachytherapy units – intracavitory, intraluminal, interstitial, endobronchial radiotherapy. He also holds practical experience in LDR, HDR and PDR types of brachytherapy. He also has experience in various intracavitory, interstitial and intraluminal procedures in head & neck, oesophagus and bronchi, soft tissue sarcomas in breast and perineal areas.
Dr Rao is a lifetime member of the Association of Radiation Oncologists of India (AROI) and the Indian Medical Association (IMA).
- LDR, HDR and PDR
- Regional Director - Head Neck Surgical Oncology & Associate Dean,HealthCare Global,Dec 2019 – Present.
- Consultant,Head Neck Surgical Oncologist and Robotic Surgeon,Jan 2015 – Present.
- Associate,Institute of Public Health, Bengaluru,Nov 2011 – May 2015.
- Consultant Oncologist,Head Neck Surgeon,Chord Road Hospital,Basaveshwanagar, Bangalore,Aug 2010 – May 2015.
- Senior Consultant,BGS Global Hospital, Bangalore,Apr 2013 – Dec 2014
EducationM.D | D.M.R.T
- Association of Radiation Oncologists of India (AROI)