Dr. Roopesh Kumar is a distinguished surgeon in the field of Neuro-Oncology with over 15 years of experience. His expertise in managing complex brain & spine tumours, minimally invasive cranial surgeries and cerebrovascular surgeries are unparalleled. He has been associated with some of the most premier medical institutions in the country such as NIMHANS and JIPMER.
- Skull base surgery (Microscopic and endoscopic)- skull base tumors-Meningioma, schwannoma, craniopharyngioma, Hypothalamic and brain stem glioma.
- Cerebro vascular surgery- Aneurysms, AVMs, carotid endarterectomy, Vascular bypass.
- Complex spinal anomalies and tumors • Minimally invasive cranial and spinal surgery
- Started a State of the art Department of Neurosurgery in JIPMER in 2006 state that is equipped to handle all complex neurosurgical procedures.
- Invited Faculty for talks conducted by various national & International surgical societies.
- Pivotal in organising and delivering talks in multiple CMEs and conferences on Neuro-Oncology across India including Skullbasecon 2014, Neurovascon 2018 etc.
EducationMBBS, M.S (General Surgery),M. Ch (Neurology)
- Bachelor degree in Medicine and Surgery (MBBS) from Dr. MGR Medical University, India in 1996.
- Master of Surgery (MS) in General Surgery from Dr. MGR Medical University, India in 2001.
- Master of Chirurgiae (M.Ch.) in Neurology from NIMHANS, Bangalore, India in 2004.
- Member of PMSSY project of Government of India to procure equipments for 6 AIIMS like institutes.
- External examiner for MCh examinations of various universities.
- Was instrumental in Commencing the Chapter of Tamilnadu and Pondicherry association of Neurosurgeons in April 2017.
- Executive committee member & Treasurer of Skull base surgery society of India(2011-14; 2014-17).
- Executive Committee member of Cerebro vascular society of India (2017-2020).
- Secretary of Pondicherry Association of Neuroscientists (2008-15).
- Joint secretary, Tamil Nadu and Pondicherry association of Neurosurgeons (TANS):2016-19.
- Vice-President of JIPMER scientific society (2013-14)
Research / Publication
- Publications in over 35 impactful journals and author of chapters in renowned textbooks.
- Reviewer of various peer reviewed national and international journals.
- Sri MarudhaRamalingar award for Best Doctor in union territory of Pondicherry, June 2013.
- Jaycee award for outstanding public service in Pondicherry by junior chamber international organization, September 2013.
- Maruthuvasevaimamanivirudhu by NSS wing of Pondicherry on Doctors day celebration held at St.Patrick’s school on 1st July, 2014.
- Best Institutional Award (JIPMER) for the best Neurotrauma services in the country for the year 2013-14.
- Bischt Award for the best faculty JIPMER in 2014.
- ArimathiThennaganar award 2014 by youth peace center on 25th October 2014 in recognition and sincere appreciation of outstanding services rendered in the medical field for the poor people.
- Bischt Award for outstanding Senior faculty by Jipmer scientific society for the year 2013-14