Dr Trinanjan Basu completed his post-graduation in Radiotherapy in Kolkata, after which he pursued his senior registrarship and then served as the visiting clinical fellow at Institute Gustave Roussy, Paris, France (ESTRO Grant). Dr Basu’s areas of expertise include treatment of benign and malignant brain tumors, treatment of head & neck cancers with IMRT/VMAT, and the application of SRS/SBRT in brain, spine, lung and prostate malignancies.
The documentation of better quality of life with the application of newer modalities, aiming at cure and survivorship, is an area very close to Dr Basu’s heart. He has experience with PET-CT based planning and evaluation in head & neck malignancies, better technique to spare normal structures and assess and improve quality of life. His future plans include analysis and documentation of modern imaging based (PET-CT and MRI) outcome analysis for various sites of cancers. He has more than 25 national and international publications in peer reviewed journals and has also received international and national travel grants and awards (ESMO, ESTRO Travel Grants).
- Lymph nodes.
- Visiting clinical fellow,Institute Gustave Roussy, Paris, France (ESTRO Grant)
EducationM.B.B.S. | M.D.
- Association of Radiation Oncologists of India (AROI).
- European Society for Radiotherapy & Oncology (ESTRO).
- European Society of Medical Oncology (ESMO)
Research / Publication
- He has more than 25 national and international publications in peer reviewed journals