Dr. Srinivas Chilukuri is a skilled and accomplished Radiation Oncologist who is also a highly sought after speaker in various oncology forums. He has several firsts to his credit. He was one of the first Radiation Oncologist in the South East Asia to develop expertise and experience in Volumetric Modulated arc therapy technique for paediatric and prostate cancers. He has been the clinical lead for advanced radiation therapy school and has trained more than 200 radiation oncologists from the Indian subcontinent . He has received training in proton therapy from top proton centres of the world like Mayo Clinic, Miami Cancer Institute and University of Maryland Proton Center. He has won several national and international awards and has international scientific publications to his credit including in high impact journals such as Lancet. He has special interest in paediatric cancers, prostate cancers and thoracic cancers.
- Proston Expert in Paediatric cancer.
- Thoracic Cancer.
- Prostate Cancer.
- Joined Yashoda Cancer Institute (YCI) in June 2008 as a full-time consultant, to which he has been associated till March 2018. • Significantly contributed in establishing RapidArc, IGRT, SRS and SBRT programme at YCI.
- Instrumental in establishing and running Varian School for High Precision Radiotherapy (in collaboration with Varian Medical Systems), which has till date trained more than 220 radiation oncologists and physicists across the Indian subcontinent. • Co-founded Optimus Oncology Pvt. Ltd. with five of his friends and colleagues, which will be running 3 oncology departments in rural Maharashtra.
- Recently joined as Consultant-Medical affairs for Varian Medical Systems. He will be providing medical and scientific guidance, envision novel applications of new and existing technologies and will be representing Varian in regulatory board meetings as well as during interaction with the government.
EducationMBBS, M.D (Radiation Oncology)
- Graduation at Armed Forces Medical College, Pune after securing all India rank 6.
- MD Radiation Oncology at Tata Memorial Centre, Mumbai in 2004, where he completed his training with a University Top Rank under the supervision of the legendary Dr. Ketayun Dinshaw.
Research / Publication
- More than 30 recent publications in high impact international journals. He has collaborated with investigators in Europe and North America for some of those publications.
- Was in-charge of academics and tumor boards at YCI and 14 DNB students have completed their training under his direct supervision. • Have been regular in various national and international meetings as an invited faculty.
- Among the several awards, in 2013, he has received American Society of Clinical Oncology (ASCO) IDEA award for being among the most promising young oncologists for that year at their annual meeting in Chicago.
- Successfully organized a national level meeting of Indian Society of Neuro-Oncology at Hyderabad with more than 400 delegates. The meeting received rave reviews for academic format and content.
- Have been a part of a select ICMR panel consisting of around ten oncologists, who have formulated national guidelines on management of gastric cancers.