Dr. Shankar is an experienced specialist in CyberKnife Radiosurgery and SBRT at HCG Cancer Centre, Mumbai.
He received his MD in Radiation and completed fellowship in Neuro-Oncology from prestigious institutes.
He is a recipient of
Two National fellowships.
UICC international fellowships in high precision radiation therapy at MD Anderson and
Gamma Knife Fellowship training at UPMC Pitssburg, USA
CyberKnife Fellowship at UPMC, Pittsburg & USCF, USA.
Best Oncologist – Times of India, Mewar, Rajasthan award in 2015.
He has 60+ publications in international peer reviewed journals and book chapters.
With 18 years post MD experience, his core strength and passion include:
High Precision Radiation Therapy on C-Arm Linear Accelerators (versa HD, Truebeam) and Radixact
CyberKnife Intracranial Radiosurgery for
Benign Intracranial Tumors (Pituitary Adenomas, Meningiomas, Acoustic Schwannoma, Non-Acoustic Schwannoma etc.)
Malignant Tumors – Cerebral Metastatses and CyberKnife re-irradiation protocols.
CyberKnife Functional Radiosurgery for Trigeminal Neuralgia, Parkinson’s disease, Psychiatric illness like Obsessive Compulsive Disorders.
CyberKnife SBRT / SABR for Lung Cancer, Liver Cancer, Pancreas Cancer, Spine Cancer and Prostate Cancer.
- Lymph nodes.
- Head of Dept,Radiation Oncology,HCG Cancer center,Jul 2017 – Present.
- Director, Radiosurgery,Geetanjali Cancer Center, Udaipur,2014 – Present.
- Head of Dept, Radiation Oncology,Shree Krishna Hospital and Research Center,2003 – 2013.
- Research fellow,Tata Memorial Hospital,2001 – 2002.
- Resident, MD,MNJ Institute of Oncology,1997 – 2000
EducationM.D. (Radiation Oncoogy) | Fellowship in Neuro-Oncology
- M.D. (Radiation Oncoogy).
- Fellowship in Neuro-Oncology
- American Society for Radiation Oncology (ASTRO).
- European Society for Radiotherapy & Oncology (ESTRO)
Research / Publication
- He has 60+ publications in international peer reviewed journals and book chapters.