Dr. Sapna Nangia is a highly proficient clinical and radiation oncologist with versatile experience spanning across cancer management, application of precise radiation techniques, research, academics, public education and awareness. With a rich experience of more than 33 years as a doctor and 24years as an oncologist, she has been associated with some of the most reputed institutes like Indraprastha Apollo Hospitals, Fortis Hospitals’ International Oncology Centre and the Army Medical Corps to name a few.
She has been trained for proton therapy by observerships at Miami Cancer Institute, Miami, Maryland Proton Treatment Center, Baltimore and Procure Proton Therapy Centre, New Jersey. She has also visited City of Hope, Duarte, Los Angeles as an observer for Tomotherapy and Total Marrow Irradiation.
Dr Nangia been an observer at Montefiore Einstein Center for Cancer Care, New York, Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Centre, New York, Moores Cancer Centre, San Diego, earlier.
- Proton expert in Breast Cancers
- Head and Neck Cancers
- With a special interest in precision radiotherapy techniques, Dr. Nangia was one of the early adopters of IMRT in India, in 2002-2003. A thought leader in the field of radiotherapy techniques and education, Dr. Nangia has published original research in the field of head neck cancer and prostate cancer and implemented new techniques for the management of breast and hepatocellular carcinoma, the latter as the Unit head in the Radiation Oncology Department at Apollo Cancer Institute, Indraprastha Apollo Hospital, New Delhi.
- Dr Nangia established / upgraded radiotherapy departments in three cancer hospitals in Delhi NCR, implementing protocol based treatments with attention to personalised care.
- Dr Nangia has participated as faculty in numerous continuing medical education programs aimed at propagating knowledge regarding the application of precision radiation techniques, within the radiation oncology fraternity, as well as for primary care physicians.
- Contributed to public awareness campaign in various schools and colleges in Delhi NCR as an Advisor to Global Cancer Concern India, an NGO engaged with cancer education and palliative care. In addition, conducted various camps and educational activities in North India.
- Consultant, Medical Affairs, Varian Medical Systems, functioning as resource for research and educational activity.
- Was actively engaged in training of radiation oncologists studying for DNB radiotherapy at two centres.
- Consistently upgraded skills by attending training programs in the field of contour delineation, molecular oncology, stereotactic radiosurgery and image guidance conducted in Europe and USA.
- Has been an observer at Montefiore Einstein Center for Cancer Care, New York, Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Centre, New York, Moores Cancer Centre, San Diego and recently, at Miami Cancer Institute, Miami.
- Served the Army Medical Corps of Indian Army for 5 years, prior to training as an oncologist.
EducationMBBS, M.D (Radiotherapy & Oncology)
- Graduation at Armed Forces Medical College, Pune in 1985.
- MD Radiotherapy at Sanjay Gandhi Institute of Medical Science, Lucknow in 1994.
Research / Publication
- Has several publications in indexed journals and award winning posters and presentations in the field of Radiation Oncology.
- Organised well regarded intensive educational meeting in the field of precision radiation techniques.
- Invited as a faculty and for lectures in over 65 oncology fora.