Dr. Sandip Duarah
14 years of overall experience
M.B.B.S. | MS (ENT) | MCH ( Head and Neck oncology) | Fellowship - Praful Desai/ UICC fellowship in surgical oncology March-1 to April 30 2007, TMH Passed certified course of IAPC in Pain and palliative medicine. FHNO travel fellowship to Tata Memorial Hospital
Dr. Sandip Duarah is a trained ENT surgeon with specialization in HEAD AND NECK ONCO-SURGERY and reconstructive surgery for over 14 yrs. His area of expertise includes surgeries that involve all head and neck cancers like oral cancer, laryngeal cancer, cancer of the Paranasal sinuses, thyroid or neck lesions, parotid surgery and also skull based cancer.
- Throat cancer
- Salivary gland tumors
- Thyroid cancer
- Oral cavity
- Oropharyngeal cancers
- Mouth cancer symptoms
- Oral cancer last stage symptoms
- Tongue cancer
- Lip cancer
- Gum cancer
- Mouth cancer
- Cigarette cancer
- Tobacco cancer
- Squamous cell carcinoma
- Head and neck cancer biopsy
- Head and neck cancer lump
- Head and neck cancer screening
- Head and neck cancer medication
- Head and neck cancer diagnosis
- Head and neck tumor
- Head and neck carcinoma
- Head and neck tumor
- Benign Head and neck tumor
- Honorary resident in the dept of Head and Neck at BBCI Regional Cancer Center for Research and Training Guahati-ASSAM. August 2005 to January 2006
- Senior Resident in the dept of Head and Neck at BBCI Regional cancer Center for Research and Training Guahati-ASSAM. January 2006 – June 2007
- Trained in all head and neck surgeries and their reconstruction including microvascular reconstruction.
EducationM.B.B.S. | MS (ENT) | MCH ( Head and Neck oncology) | Fellowship - Praful Desai/ UICC fellowship in surgical oncology March-1 to April 30 2007, TMH Passed certified course of IAPC in Pain and palliative medicine. FHNO travel fellowship to Tata Memorial Hospital
- MBBS July 1997 (Gauhati Medical College and Hospital, Assam)
- MS (ENT) July 2005 (Gauhati Medical College and Hospital, Assam)
- MCH Head and Neck oncology May 2010 ( Amrita Institute of Medical Sciences and Research; Kochi)
- Praful Desai/ UICC fellowship in surgical oncology March-1 to April 30 2007, TMH Passed certified course of IAPC in Pain and palliative medicine.
- FHNO travel fellowship to Tata Memorial Hospital
- Foundation of Head and Neck Oncology(FHNO)
- North Eastern Branch of Oncology India(NEBOI)
Research / PublicationResearch:
- Sub-investigator for the clinical study Protocol IRX-2 2008-A
- Clinical Research Assistant in the study- Lymphoscintigraphy for the Evaluation of Nodal Metastasis of Head and Neck Squamous Cell Carcinoma
- Thankappan, K., Duarah, S., Trivedi, N. P., Panikar, D., Kuriakose, M. A. and Iyer, S. Vascularised fibula osteocutaneous flap for cervical spinal and posterior pharyngeal wall reconstruction. Indian Journal of Plastic Surgery. 2009. 42, 252-254. [PubMed]
- Trivedi, N. P., Ravindran, H. K., Sundram, S., Iyer, S., Kekatpure, V., Durah, S. and Kuriakose, M. A. Pathologic evaluation of sentinel lymph nodes in oral squamous cell carcinoma. Head & Neck. 2010. 32, 1437-1443. [PubMed]
- Suresh, A., Duarah, S., Hiran, K.R., Sundaram, S., Kekatpure, V., Kuriakose, M.A. Evaluation of molecular markers for the assessment of occult metastasis in lymph nodes in head and neck squamous cell carcinoma. Oral Oncology,2009, Supplement, Volume 3, Issue 1, Page 106.
- Durah, S., Sharma, M., Salih, S., Kuriakose, M.A., Iyer, S., Functional reconstruction of near total glossectomy defect using composite gastro-omental-dynamic gracilis flaps. Oral Oncology Supplement, Volume 3, Issue 1, July 2009, Page 104
- Battoo, S., Durah, S., Patel, D., Iyer, S., Kuriakose, M.A., Effectiveness of per-oral access in the surgical management of T2-T3 oral cavity squamous cell carcinoma. Oral Oncology Supplement, Volume 3, Issue 1, July 2009, Page 174
- Letters to the editor- Proposal of type VI – Tracheoesophageal fistula associated with a esophageal stenosis/stricture In reference to classification and Management of Tracheoesophageal and Tracheopharyngeal fistulas after Laryngectomy. Laryngoscope. 2008 May
- Letters to the editor- In reference to Impact of second primary on survival in Head and Neck cancer an analysis of 2063 cases. Laryngoscope 2009 Jul 13
- Co Authored chapters in the teaching manual Currents Concepts in Head and Neck Oncology for the Amrita Head and Neck Oncology Teaching Programme- 2009 1. Surgical Anatomy and spread of Laryngeal and Hypopharyngeal tumors 2. Voice rehabilitation after Laryngectomy.
- Choosing the side of donor free fibula flap in mandibular reconstruction.
- Reducing donor site morbidity in Osteocutaneous Radial forearm flap- a novel technique
- Efficacy of selective neck dissection in N1, N2 oral squamous cell cancer
- Parapharyngeal schwanomas- extracapsular excision technique.