Dr. Rakesh Jalali is an internationally renowned key opinion leader in Oncology particularly known for high-precision radiotherapy techniques. Over the years, he has done path breaking research in the field of cancer treatment, enhancing quality of life for cancer patients and developing appropriate research models.
- Proton Expertise in Neuro Oncology
- The Neuro Oncology group at TMH was developed by Dr. Jalali. It is hailed as the finest such unit in India and recognized throughout the world.
- Instrumental in establishing the Indian Society of Neuro-Oncology (ISNO) in 2008. He served as its founding general secretary, then its President and now chairing its senior advisory council.
- A much sought-after speaker, he is widely regarded for his teaching and providing expert guidance to various national and international scientific meetings and professional societies.
- Famed for his commitment to charity and promoting equitable cancer care for patient populations in the developing world. He founded the ‘Brain Tumour Foundation of India’, an internationally recognized charity organization dedicated to the welfare of the patients with brain tumours and their families.
EducationMBBS, M.D (Radiotherapy & Oncology)
- Bachelor degree in Medicine and Surgery (MBBS) June 1990 from Govt. Medical College, Jammu (University of Jammu, INDIA)
- Doctor of Medicine (M.D) in Radiotherapy and Oncology January 1994 from the Postgraduate Institute of Medical Education and Research (PGIMER), Chandigarh, INDIA; passed with distinction, Awarded "MERIT OF FIRST ORDER"
- Senior Research at the Academic unit of the Royal Marsden NHS Trust, London, UK from March 1998 till September 1999, in particular the ‘Stereotactic Radiotherapy’ programme
Research / Publication
- Has more than 300 peer review publications.
- His research publications include high-impact journals such as the Lancet, Lancet Oncology, JAMA Oncology and JCO to name a few.
- Has been instrumental in guiding treatment philosophies in the management of cancers.
- Awarded as the Best Oncologist Award by Medscape in 2014.
- Received the Top Radiation Oncologist Award for 3 consecutive years from 2014 onwards.