Dr. Rajesh Mistry
Kokilaben Dhirubhai Ambani Hospital and Medical Research Institute, Mumbai
MBBS | MS | Fellowship in esophageal surgery at Toranomon Hospital, Tokyo under mentorship of Prof. H Akiyama
Dr Mistry is certified surgeon and specialized in surgical oncology (Thoracic, foregut and Head Neck Oncology). Born in Mumbai, Dr. Mistry received medical degree with honors from Seth G. S Medical college and K E M Hospital, Mumbai University in 1984.. He interned and completed general surgical residency at K E M hospital, Mumbai in 1985. He completed surgical oncology training at Tata Memorial Hospital, Mumbai in 1992. Dr. Mistry joined Tata Memorial Hospital as Assistant Surgeon in Head Neck Oncology in 1992; subsequently he became Professor and Surgeon heading a Head Neck Unit. He then moved to Thoracic Surgical Oncology and became Professor and Chief of the service in 2002. Dr Mistry joined Centre for Cancer at the Kokilben Dhirubhai Ambani Hospital in 2009. He is the Director of Dept. of Oncology and Consultant Surgeon, Thoracic Foregut and Head Neck Oncology.
- Esophageal surgery: VATS and Robotic; Pulmonary surgery (Malignant and Benign): VATS and Robotic; Cancer of Thymus and other mediastinal masses; Chest wall tumours; Gastric Cancer; Head Neck Oncology.
- Conventional,VATs and Robotic esophageactomy; Conventional, VATS and Robotic Pulmonary Surgery (pleuropneumonectomy, pneumonectomy, lobectomy, segmentectomy, sleeve resection); Tracheal Resections; Robotic/VATS Thymoma and Thymic surgery; Complex chest wall resection and reconstructions; Radical Gastrectomy for gastric cancers; Complex head neck surgery (including thyroidectomy and parotidectcomy); Endoscopic treatment of airway pathology (including stenting)
- Director, Oncology & Consultant Surgical Oncology,Consultant Surgeon, Thoracic Foregut,Head Neck Oncology,Kokilaben Hospital.
- Assistant Surgeon in Head Neck Oncology,Tata Memorial Hospital,1992 .
- Professor and Surgeon heading a Head Neck Unit,Tata Memorial Hospital.
- Professor and Chief of the service inThoracic Surgical Oncology,Tata Memorial Hospital,2002
EducationMBBS | MS | Fellowship in esophageal surgery at Toranomon Hospital, Tokyo under mentorship of Prof. H Akiyama
- Fellowship in esophageal surgery at Toranomon Hospital, Tokyo under mentorship of Prof. H Akiyama
- Maharashtra Medical Council.
- International Society for Disease of Esophagus (ISDE).
- International Society for Lung Cancer (ISLC).
- Association of Surgeons of India (ASI).
- Indian Society of Surgical Oncologist (IASO).
- Indian Society of Oncology.
- Indian Association of Bronchology (IAB)
Research / Publication
- Over 80 publications in peer reviewed journals