Dr Premitha is a Radiation Oncologist at HCG Cancer Centre, Bangalore, who has completed her oncology studies at premiere institutions in Bangalore. Dr. Premitha is specialized in Radiation Oncology and is an expert in Head and Neck malignancies, Brain tumours, Gynaecology malignancies, Thoracic Gastro-Intestinal tumours and Urogenital malignancies. She also has extensive experience with technologies like 2D RT, 3D CRT, IMRT, IGRT, SBRT, SRS (Cyberknife) and Brachytherapy.
Dr. Premitha has conducted extensive research in Prostate cancer and immune responses to radiotherapy. Empathetical in her approach, she follows evidence based treatment for her patients. She is also interested in medical academic activities and is involved in post-graduation thesis programme and allied health science (technology) courses.
She actively participates in cancer awareness programmes, medical camps and works towards raising awareness about cancer to the masses.
- Throat cancer.
- Oral cavity.
- Small cell carcinoma .
- PSA blood test .
- Glioblastoma .
- Colon cancer.
- Mammography Salivary gland tumors Oropharyngeal cancers Smoking Prostate exam Gbm Rectal cancer.
- Lumpectomy Thyroid cancer Mouth cancer symptoms Asbestos Brain tumors Bowel cancer.
- Mouth cancer .
- Smoking .
- Cigarette cancer .
- Tobacco cancer .
- Squamous cell carcinoma
- HCG,Consultant RADIATION ONCOLOGY,Apr 2016 – Present.
- HealthCare Global,Consultant Radiation Oncology,Apr 2016 – Present.
- HCG,Consultant Radiation Oncology,Mar 2011 – Present.
- HCG Multi specialty Hospital,Consultant,Mar 2011 – Present.
- HCG, BANGALORE INSTITUTE OF ONCOLOGY,ASSOCIATE CONSULTANT,Jul 2014 – Mar 20161 year 9 months.
- HCG BANGALORE INSTITUTE OF ONCOLOGY,CLINICAL ASSOCIATE,Mar 2011 – Jun 2014.
- Consultant incharge,HCG CANCER CENTRE, HUBLI,Feb 2011 – Mar 2011.
- BANGALORE INSTITUTE OF ONCOLOGY,2 years 10 months.
- TUTOR,Feb 2009 – Feb 2011.
- Registrar (radiation oncology),May 2008 – Feb 2009
EducationM.B.B.S | D.N.B | Diploma -
- M.B.B.S - General Physician - Rajiv Gandhi University Of Health Sciences, Karnataka - 2004.
- D.N.B - Radiation Oncologist - Bangalore institute of oncology, Bangalore - 2011.
- Diploma - Radio Therapy - Kidwai Memorial Institute Of Oncology - Bangalore - 2008
- Association of Radiation Oncologists of India (AROI).
- European Society of Medical Oncology (ESMO)
Research / Publication
- American Society for Radiation Oncology (ASTRO) .
- Radiation Oncology Professionals (ROP)