Consultant Oncoplastic Breast Surgery
Dr Poovamma has several years of surgical experience including super-specialisation in Breast Oncoplastic Surgery. She is the first graduate of the Rajiv Gandhi University of Health Sciences (RGUHS) program for the Fellowship in Breast Diseases. Her professional experience has spanned across Mazumdar- Shaw Medical Center and Manipal Hospitals, Bangalore. Dr. Poovamma is also involved in several teaching programs, and is Faculty for Fellowship in Breast Diseases and Cancer, Rajiv Gandhi University of Health Sciences, Bangalore, and Faculty, DNB General Surgery, Directorate National Board.
Dr.Poovamma has been credited with several publications and paper presentations. She is also a member of Breast Surgery International, International Society of Surgery and The Association of Breast Surgeons Of India.
Dr Poovamma is a Breast Surgeon/ Oncologist with over 13 years of Surgical experience, with keen interest in Breast cancer diagnosis and treatment. She has limited her practice exclusively to breast surgical oncology and treats her patients for various breast disorders. She specializes in aesthetically conserving the breast for malignancies. She is also credited with international fellowship in Oncoplastic, Reconstructive and Aesthetic breast surgery fellowship from the inter disciplinary breast centre , Germany. She is also certified in Pain and Palliation to provide a holistic approach to the treatment and rehabilitation of cancer patients.
Dr Poovamma is the first graduate of the fellowship in Breast diseases in India. Her professional experience has spanned across Mazumdar Shaw cancer center, NH multispecialty hospital and Manipal Hospitals, Bangalore. She is involved in teaching programs and is the Faculty for Fellowship in Breast Diseases and Cancer, RGUHS.
She has been credited with several publications and paper presentations both in National and International journals and conferences. She is the member of Breast Surgery International Society of Surgery and The Association of Breast Surgeons of India with active participation in conference proceedings.
- Oncoplastic breast conservative surgery
- Sentinel lymph node biopsy
- Scar less surgery of the breast-Mammotome guided excisions
- Reduction and Augmentation mammoplasty
- Modified radical mastectomy
- Extended radical mastectomy
- Skin sparing mastectomy
- Subcutaneous mastectomy
- Nipple areolar reconstruction
- Use of prostheses and implants
- Radio Immunoguided Ocult Lesion Localisation-ROLL
- Snoll Technique
- Symmeterisation Surgery for the Contralateral Breast
- Management of lymphoedema
- Management of pain
- Breast cancer treatment
- Breast cancer treatments
- Treatment for Breast cancer
- Breast cancer biopsy
- Breast cancer lump
- Breast cancer screening
- Breast cancer medication
- Breast cancer diagnosis
- Breast tumor
- Breast carcinoma
- Malignant Breast tumor
- Benign Breast tumor
- Most common cancer
- Common cancer in women
- Breast cyst
- Mazumdar Shaw cancer center, NH
- Manipal Hospitals, Bangalore.
EducationM.B.B.S. | M.S. (General Surgery) | Fellowship in Breast Diseases
- M.S. (General Surgery)
- Fellowship in Breast Diseases
- Breast Surgery International (BSI)
- International Society of Surgery (ISS/SIC)
- The Association of Breast Surgeons Of India (ABSI)