Dr. Naveen is an expert in the field of surgical oncology specialising in the head and neck region. He has an experience of over 13 years and constantly updates himself with the most recent advancements in the treatment modalities in cancer. His areas of special interests include management of advanced head and neck cancers, lateral skull base surgeries, robotic surgeries in head and neck cancers, thyroid and parathyroid diseases.
- Lateral skull base surgery.
- Thyroid and parathyroid surgery.
- Head and neck reconstruction.
- Speech and swallowing rehabilitation.
- Nutrition in head and neck cancer.
- Worked in research projects on head and neck squamous cell carcinoma.
- Contributed three chapters for the post-graduate teaching book published by the Foundation of Head and Neck Oncology.
- Active participation in national and international conferences, workshops and CMEs.
- Involved in community work through free health camps
EducationMBBS, M.S (Otorhinolaryngology), M.Ch Head & Neck Surgical Oncology
- Bachelor degree in Medicine and Surgery (MBBS) from J.J.M.Medical College, Kuvempu University in 2001.
- Master of Surgery (M.S) in Otorhinolaryngology from J.J.M.Medical college, Rajiv Gandhi University of Health Sciences, India in 2005.
- Fellowship in Head and Neck Oncology, Kidwai Memorial Institute of Oncology, Bangalore in 2006.
- Fellow head and neck surgery, Fremantle Hospital, Perth, Australia in 2011.
- Master Chirugie(MCh) in Head and Neck Surgical Oncology from Amrita Institute of Medical Sciences, India in 2011.
Research / Publication
- Papers published in peer reviewed journals.
- Gold Medal for Best Poster - Lateral Arm Free Flap for Oral Tongue Defect.
- Reconstruction, 8th National conference Foundation for Head and Neck Oncology, Cuttack-Bhubaneswar, 2008.
- Awarded Best Poster - Poster-Lateral Neck Dissection, RGCON-2006 - 5th International Conference, Delhi.