Dr. Saravanan carries a valuable experience of over 10 years in Surgical Gastroenterology and specialises in minimally invasive surgery in Gastrointestinal and Hepatopancreaticobiliary Oncology. He is a National Board certified Gastrointestinal surgeon and has worked with some of the most reputed healthcare institutions across the country including GB Pant Institute, Delhi University and Gleneagles Global group of hospitals. Apart from his surgical skill sets, he is extremely keen on patient friendly endeavours with key emphasis on cancer prevention, early detection and health education.
- Thoraco-laparoscopy in GI Oncology.
- Minimally invasive pancreaticobiliary surgery.
- Early Recovery protocols, Zero blood loss and Surgical safety.
- Former Assistant Professor, Gastrointestinal surgery at GB Pant Institute & MAM College, Delhi University, where he was actively involved in teaching programme for MCh trainees.
- Invited faculty for various National and International forums.
- Observership in Medical and Surgical Oncology at Tata Memorial Hospital, Mumbai.
- Adept in advanced laparoscopy and gastrointestinal oncology surgeries.
- Carries rich experience in complex liver surgeries including transplantation
EducationMBBS, DNB in General Surgery, DNB in Surgical Gastroenterology
- Bachelor degree in Medicine and Surgery (MBBS) from Dr. D. Y Patil Medical College, Maharashtra University of Health Sciences, India in 2002.
- Diplomate of National Board (DNB) in General Surgery awarded by National Board of Examinations, New Delhi from B.A.R.C Hospital, Mumbai, India in 2008.
- Diplomate of National Board (DNB) in Surgical Gastroenterology awarded by National Board of Examinations, New Delhi from Global Hospitals, Hyderabad, India in 2011
Research / Publication
- Myriad publications in international and national journals.
- Distinction in ENT in MBBS.
- JRD Tata student scholarship during MBBS.
- B. Braun Award for outstanding achievement in PG medical studies in Surgical Gastroenterology in 2010.
- IHPBA Indian Chapter Travel Bursary award in 2010.
- Best Session paper at Indian chapter IHPBA 2010.
- IASG Travel Bursary award in 2011.
- Best poster award at II ILS 2014