Dr.Imran Shaikh completed his specialization in Medical Oncology and Hemato-Oncology from Jaslok Hospital and Research Centre, where he worked with and gained significant practical insights in the management of all types of cancers (solid tomors /cancers and blood cancers) following evidence based medicine with the use of state of the art treatment modalities in Meidcal Oncology(including targeted therapies and immunotherapies in addition to chemotherapy).He has a keen interest in clinical research and was part of many clinical trials at the instituition .He then practiced at various renownwed instituitions like Jaslok Hospital, Saifee Hospital, Sushrut Hospital and Inlaks and Budhrani hospital before joining Kokilaben Dhirubhai Ambani Hospital.
- Chemotherapy, Immunotherapy, Targeted therapy admistration, Lumbar puncture and intrathecal chemotherapy administration, Bone marrow aspiration and biopsies, Vascular catheter placements
- Medical Oncologist,Kokilaben Dhirubhai Ambani Hospital and Medical Research Institute,Mumbai
EducationMBBS | MD(Internal Medicine) | DNB(Medical Oncology)
- MBBS,BJ Medical College,Pune.
- MD (Internal Medicine):BJ Medical College,Pune.
- DNB (Medical Oncology): Jaslok Hospital and Research Centre
- European Society of Medical Oncology(ESMO).
- Independent Clinical Oncology Network (ICON)
Research / Publication
- Mortui vivos docent – the dead teach the living: 18-flurodeoxyglocose positron emission tomography-computed tomography findings in a case of intravascular B cell lymphoma. Prathamesh V.Joshi, Vikram R. Lele,Imran Shaikh.Journal of cancer research and therapeutics.January-March 2013,volume 9,issue 1.
- Germline BRCA mutation studies in a select Indian cohort using Next Generation Sequencing (NGS)