Dr. Donald Babu
Hiranandani Hospital : A Fortis Network Hospital, Navi Mumbai
M.S.|F.C.P.S | F.I.C.S.| F.A.I.S(General Surgery ) | F.M.A.S | F.I.A.G.E.S. | F.R.S.C.I. ( Robotic & Minimal Access Surgery) | M.Ch(Tata) | F.E.B.S.(Italy)(Surgical Oncology)
Dr. Donald Babu specializes in ‘Robotic and ‘laparoscopic ‘Surgeries, ‘LASER’, ‘Organ Preservation Surgeries’ for Cancer.He has an experience of 12 years in Surgical Oncology.
He finished his basic training in General Surgery at Seth GS Medical College and K.E.M. Hospital, Mumbai after which he completed his course in Onco-Surgery from Tata Memorial Cancer Hospital. In his 4 years of service at Tata Hospital, he has acquired skills in dealing with early and advanced cancers. This includes Surgical and Medical management of the same.
He has special interests in Minimal Invasive Techniques (Robotic & Laparoscopy) in the field of Oncosurgery and has garnered fellowships in the same. The interest in Laparoscopy started from his residency days at KEM hospital where Laparoscopy was the norm for benign conditions. He has developed his own ‘Homemade Laparoscopic entertainer’ with Lap instruments and practices it religiously.
His interest also lies in ‘Organ-preserving surgeries’ and believes Radical Surgery is a thing of the past. Breast Conservation Surgeries, Sphincter preservation for the Rectum, Mandible preservation for Oral Malignancies, Partial Nephrectomy to name a few.
- Organ preservation Surgery, Minimal Invasive Surgery (Laparoscopy), Robotic Surgery, LASER Surgery
- Consultant Surgical Oncologist,Reliance Hospitals,Apr 2018 – Present.
- Mgm New Bombay Hospital - India,Sep 2016 – Apr 2018.
- Tata Cancer Hospital, Mumbai,2008 – Apr 2018
EducationM.S.|F.C.P.S | F.I.C.S.| F.A.I.S(General Surgery ) | F.M.A.S | F.I.A.G.E.S. | F.R.S.C.I. ( Robotic & Minimal Access Surgery) | M.Ch(Tata) | F.E.B.S.(Italy)(Surgical Oncology)
- F.I.C.S.| F.A.I.S(General Surgery ).
- F.R.S.C.I. ( Robotic & Minimal Access Surgery).
- F.E.B.S.(Italy)(Surgical Oncology)
- Indian Association Gastro Endoscopic Surgeons (IAGES).
- European Board of Surgical Oncology (ESSO).
- Association of Minimal Access Surgeons of India (AMASI)
Research / Publication
- He has multiple publications in various National and International Journals and has presented poster and papers at various conferences.