Dr. Ashwathy is an accomplished Radiation Oncologist with special focus on Gastrointestinal Oncology and Stereotactic Body Radiotherapy. She has trained at national and international centres of excellence in oncology with experience of working with world-leaders in the fields of radiation oncology as well as gastrointestinal oncology. Her sub-specialty training involved a Fellowship in SBRT for Gastrointestinal and Lung tumors from the Princess Margaret Cancer Center, Toronto, Canada and in addition she has undergone observer ships at the University of Pennsylvania, Pennsylvania, USA and MD Anderson Cancer Center, Texas, USA in order to further enhance her expertise in proton therapy for Gastrointestinal Cancers. Her patient-centric approach to medical care is enabled by constant updation of the most recent advancements in the treatment modalities for cancer. Her keen involvement in clinical research is mainly focused on liver cancer, lung cancer and cervical cancer as well as high- precision radiotherapy techniques such as SBRT and IGRT and she has contributed to several research papers as the key author.
- Gastrointestinal Radiation Oncology.
- Image- Guided Radiation Therapy and motion management techniques.
- Stereotactic body radiotherapy in Liver, Pancreas and other abdominal tumors.
- Stereotactic body radiotherapy in Lung cancers.
- Proton Beam Therapy in Gastrointestinal Tumors
- Proton therapy Observerships at University of Pennsylvannia and MD Anderson Cancer Centre, USA.
- Clinical Fellow in GI & Lung Radiation Oncology at Princess Margaret Cancer Centre, Toronto, Canada.
- Senior Residency at Tata Memorial Centre, Mumbai, India.
- Junior Residency at Tata Memorial Centre, Mumbai, India
EducationMBBS, M.D(Radiation Oncology), DNB (Radiation Oncology)
- Bachelor degree in Medicine and Surgery (MBBS)from Govt. Medical College, Thiruvananthapuram, Kerala, India in 2009.
- MD Radiation Oncology from Tata Memorial Centre, Mumbai in 2013.
- Diplomate of National Board of Examinations (DNB) in Radiation Oncology in 2014.
- Clinical Fellowship in Gastrointestinal and Lung Stereotactic Body Radiotherapy at the University of Toronto (Princess Margaret Cancer Centre), Toronto, Canada in 2018.
- Medical Officer at Community Health Centre, Kumarakom, Kottayam, Kerala.
- Life Member of Association of Radiation Oncologists of India (AROI).
- Member of American Society of Clinical Oncology (ASCO).
- Member of European Society for Radiotherapy & Oncology (ESTRO)
Research / Publication
- Parvati Devi Gold Medal” for Best Paper at the 34th Annual Conference of Association of Radiation Oncologists of India (AROICON).
- Published more than 20 research papers and presented at various National and International Symposiums.
- Contributor to book chapters on Lung Cancer and Esophageal Cancer in evidence-based guidelines on Modern Radiotherapy Technology from Tata Memorial Centre.