Medical cannabis works against cancer growth or spread, individually or with other treatments, to improve their anticancer action and survival. Medical cannabis is commonly used for chemotherapy-induced pain control. It is also quite effective in managing nausea and vomiting associated with cancer-related treatments.
What is medical cannabis?
Medical cannabis is a term for derivatives of the cannabis Sativa plant used to ease symptoms caused by certain medical conditions. The plant contains more than 100 different chemicals called cannabinoids. Each one has a different effect on the body. Delta-9-tetrahydrocannabinol (THC) and cannabidiol (CBD) are the main chemicals used in medicine. THC also produces the “high” people feel when they smoke marijuana or eat foods containing it.
What is medical cannabis used for?
Researchers are studying whether medical cannabis can help treat several conditions, including:
- Alzheimer’s disease
- Appetite loss
- Crohn’s disease
- Diseases affecting the immune system like HIV/AIDS or Multiple Sclerosis (MS)
- Eating disorders such as anorexia
- Mental health conditions like schizophrenia and posttraumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Multiple sclerosis
- Muscle spasms
- Wasting syndrome (cachexia)
- But it’s not yet proven to help many of these conditions, with a few exceptions, Bonn-Miller says.
The greatest amount of evidence for the therapeutic effects of cannabis relates to its ability to reduce chronic pain, nausea and vomiting due to chemotherapy, and spasticity [tight or stiff muscles].
What to consider before buying cannabis products
Medical cannabis has many different health benefits that are being discovered and, as a result, attracts an increasing number of buyers. However, just like any product or service, it’s essential to thoroughly investigate what you buy before purchasing it. Here are four key considerations to take into account when buying cannabis for the first time.
1) Its CBD content
Cannabidiol, also known as CBD, is an active cannabinoid in the cannabis plant. Generally, cannabidiol has no intoxicating effects. When present in a product in a ratio of 1:1 of CBD and THC, CBD is likely to counteract some psychoactive effects of THC.
If you prefer less psychoactive experiences, choose products with a high ratio of CBD to THC. It may be confusing for people new to cannabis as they may not be able to distinguish the best CBD products from the bad ones.
Generally, products with a CBD concentration of 4% to 9% are considered to have a high content of CBD. Besides CBD content in a strain of cannabis, there are other factors to consider when selecting the right products for you. They include:
- The flavor profile.
- The terpene profile.
- The amount of THC.
2) The THC level
Tetrahydrocannabinol, also known as THC, is the chemical associated with the intoxicating and psychoactive effects of marijuana. Understanding the potential of THC is important in gauging the level of psychoactive sensation you are likely to experience.
THC potency in a product is expressed as a percentage. For example, a 15% THC product means that it has a THC content of 150 milligrams per gram of the total marijuana content.
It is crucial to note that 20% of THC content is considered to be very strong. The highest THC percentage is 33%. Most cannabis products fall between 15% and 20% THC.
3) The method of consumption
Different routes of administration trigger the production of different molecules in your bloodstream. So how you choose to consume cannabis may affect your experiences.
Ingestion (drinking or eating) and inhalation (vaping or smoking) produce different effects because of how the drug enters your bloodstream. If you are vaping, you should be careful with the device’s temperature. Inhalation produces results almost immediately. This is why vaping and smoking CBD has become one of the most popular consumption methods. You should wait at least five minutes before inhaling again to help control your experience. As you inhale marijuana, be aware of its effects on your lungs.
It will take longer to experience the effects of ingested marijuana. At a minimum, you can wait about 30 to 60 minutes to metabolize cannabis and feel the effects. Edible marijuana comes in many forms, including soda, gummies, and buttered popcorn.
4) Your personal factors
Your experience with cannabis will be dependent on many personal factors. Everyone’s endocannabinoid and physiology system is different, which individualizes the effects of cannabis.
So you should consider factors such as your age, overall physical and mental health etc. You can also check how long cannabis stays in your system with the thc half life chart.
Before buying a cannabis strain, do your research to determine the product that will work best for you. The chemical level and quality should not be overlooked.
MediZen is a prescription medication containing a correct ratio of CBD and THC, making it more effective than any other medical cannabis available in the market. You can find cannabis products that contain just CBD, THC, or both but not in the proper ratio.
- It is a highly concentrated, non-diluted extract with a CBD: THC ratio of 1:1.
- It is a concentrated paste in a syringe, which allows for easy and precise dosages.
- It is approved for manufacturing by FSSAI and AYUSH.
- It is trusted by doctors and practitioners worldwide.
Benefits of MediZen
- It reduces inflammation and the spread of cancer.
- It increases appetite.
- It manages chemotherapy-induced nausea and vomiting.
- It manages chronic pain and neuropathic pain.
- It reduces the side effects of chemotherapy.
- It reduces anxiety, fatigue and enhances mood.
- It manages stress and promotes good sleep.
Key features of MediZen
- It is a non-GMO plant-based ayurvedic product.
- It is free from adverse effects.
- It is palatable and easy to use.
- It is approved by FDA and AYUSH Ministry in India.
- It is trusted by doctors and practitioners worldwide.
- It contains isolated pure therapeutic compounds.
How safe is MediZen?
- MediZen is highly safe due to its controlled dosage.
- It does not have other toxic components present in raw cannabis.
- It is approved by regulatory bodies as safe alternative medicine.
How to get MediZen?
Patients can contact ZenOnco.io for doctor consultation and purchase of MediZen.
MediZen is available on the ZenOnco website