Questions to ask about Metastatic breast cancer diagnosis
- Where has all the tumor matured across my body?
- Do you have any history of treating patients with metastatic breast cancer?
- Do you think getting a second opinion is a good idea?
- What does the outlook for me like?
- Is there any change that we can do to make the diagnosis better?
Questions to ask about Metastatic Breast Cancer Treatments
- Will there be sufficient data to provide the medication recommended for me? What tests or measures will be required if that’s not the case?
- What indicator testing would you suggest and why?
- What are the therapy choices I can get?
- What clinical research opportunities do I have? Where are they based?
- How do I learn more about the clinical research opportunities for metastatic breast cancer?
- What is the disease’s estrogen receptor status?
- What medication plan would you suggest for metastatic breast cancer?
- What is the purpose of each medication? Is it for the betterment or to cure it?
- What are the potential side effects of each medication?
- What effects does it have on my medical interventions if I’ve reached the menstrual cycle?
- Is there anything I can do to avoid hair loss?
- What impact will this medication have on my day to day life? What will be the changes in my daily routine?
- How do I decide on my metastatic breast cancer treatment routine?
- What happens if the treatment doesn’t work?
- What happens if I decide to discontinue my treatment?
Questions to ask about advanced cancer decision making
- What is the frequency with which I need to see a doctor?
- Will pain relief be provided even if my cancer therapy is stopped?
- I’m constantly looking for a place to get palliative care; where do I go for it?
- Where can I get inpatient care, and what’s the approximate budget?
- Is it necessary for me to appoint a mental well-being surrogate to make those decisions for me?
- What legal documentation should I have in effect to convey my preferences?
Questions to ask about follow-up care for Metastatic Breast Cancer
- What sort of metastatic breast cancer treatment will I require at this point?
- Where do I get psychological support for myself and my family?
- Are there any other options and treatments for my household?
- Do you have a caseworker with whom I can have a chat?
- Whom do I contact if I have any significant queries?