Lacrimal Gland Tumor

  • 1. What Is Lacrimal Gland Tumor
  • Executive Summary The lacrimal gland tumor is located above and to the side of the eye, and these are tear secreting glands and moreover, it mainly occurs in one in a million people and is more common in people with an average age of 40 years. These tumor lesions appear similar to the lesions in...
  • Lacrimal Gland Tumour
  • 2. Statistics of Lacrimal Gland Tumor
  • Executive Summary Around 55% of epithelial lacrimal gland tumor cases are benign, and the rest, 45%, are malignant. Additionally, about 2% of all eye socket/orbital tumors are malignant epithelial lacrimal gland tumors. Among epithelial orbital cancers, Adenoid Cystic Carcinoma (ACC) is the most...
  • Lacrimal Gland Tumour
  • 3. Risk Factors of Lacrimal Gland Tumor
  • Executive Summary Risk factors influence the chance of developing cancer among individuals. But individuals with no risk factors also develop cancer. The common risk factors for lacrimal gland tumour include age, history of lymphoma, and partial or incomplete removal of any previous benign tumor...
  • Lacrimal Gland Tumour
  • 4. Prevention for Lacrimal Gland Tumor
  • Executive Summary The risk of lacrimal gland tumors increases with age. People between 30 to 40 years are generally more prone to the disease. Even so, there are some general precautions that will help prevent lacrimal gland tumors or other disease conditions. Some of the primary preventive meas...
  • Lacrimal Gland Tumour
  • 5. Diagnosis of Lacrimal Gland Tumor
  • Executive Summary Different tests are available to diagnose the development of a lacrimal gland tumor, depending on signs and symptoms, age and health status, types of tumor, and earlier medical tests. Physical examination, imaging tests, and biopsies are the diagnostic approaches for diagnosing...
  • Lacrimal Gland Tumour
  • 6. Types of Treatment for Lacrimal Gland Tumor
  • Executive Summary Treatment (lacrimal gland tumor) recommendations depend upon the size, grade, and type of tumor, metastasis, possible side effects, preferences, and overall health of the patient. The standard treatment techniques used to treat lacrimal gland tumors include various procedures s...
  • Lacrimal Gland Tumour
  • 7. Clinical Trials About Lacrimal Gland Tumor
  • Executive Summary Clinical trials are considered a better method for treating lacrimal gland tumors. The evaluation of new drugs, different combinations of treatments, new approaches to surgery, and new therapies are a part of the lacrimal gland tumor clinical trials. Volunteers or patients will...
  • Lacrimal Gland Tumour
  • 8. Latest Research on Lacrimal Gland Tumor
  • Executive Summary There are several latest research studies to gain more information on lacrimal gland tumors on various topics such as prevention methods, diagnostic process at the initial phase, and best treatment strategies. Radioimmunotherapy is a treatment procedure that combines the effect...
  • Lacrimal Gland Tumour
  • 9. Coping with Treatment for Lacrimal Gland Tumor
  • Executive Summary Treatments of lacrimal gland tumors can cause various side effects and changes in the body of the patient. As a result, the treatment can affect the patients in various ways. The same treatment strategy used for a particular disease condition evolves with different effects. And...
  • Lacrimal Gland Tumour
  • 10. Follow-Up Care for Lacrimal Gland Tumor
  • Executive Summary Follow-up care for lacrimal gland tumors refers to the after-treatment protocols conducted by the healthcare team to look after recurrence, manage the side effects, and monitor the overall health of the patient. The follow-up care will include routine physical examinations, var...
  • Lacrimal Gland Tumour
  • 11. Survivorship of Lacrimal Gland Tumor
  • Executive Summary Survivorship begins right after the disease (Lacrimal gland tumor) is diagnosed. People who have been taking treatments and whose disease condition has been cured post-treatment are also considered survivors. Acute survivorship, extended survivorship, and permanent survivorship...
  • Lacrimal Gland Tumour
  • 12. Questions to Ask Your Healthcare Team About Lacrimal Gland Tumor
  • Open communication with the doctor and healthcare team is crucial in making informed treatment (Lacrimal Gland Tumor) and health care choices. Patients are encouraged to ask questions regarding their disease condition. They should clear any doubt or query that they have regarding the disease.  ...
  • Lacrimal Gland Tumour
  • 13. Additional Resources for Lacrimal Gland Tumour
  • Below are some links that provide ample information regarding lacrimal gland tumours, covering all aspects of the disease. These links will help render credible information regarding lacrimal gland tumours, their diagnosis, symptoms and signs, risk factors, treatments and post-treatment care. Th...
  • Lacrimal Gland Tumour