Music therapy is not about learning to sing or play an instrument.
In a Music Therapy session, you might:
- Listen to music
- Move to music
- Make music with simple instruments
- Write and discuss song lyrics
- Use Guided Imagery with music
Music therapists work alongside other healthcare professionals such as doctors, nurses, speech therapists, psychologists and psychiatrists.
They may work with adults and children who have:
- Symptoms caused by physical illness or mental illness
- Side effects from cancer and its treatment
- A terminal illness such as cancer