Questions to ask after getting a Inflammatory Breast Cancer diagnosis
- What type of Breast cancer do I have?
- What stage is cancer?
- Is the tumor cancerous?
- Can you explain my pathology report?
- Should I get a second opinion?
- Should we seek genetic testing or counselling?
- What is your familiarity with the tumor I have?
Questions to ask about Inflammatory Breast Cancer treatment options
- What are my treatment options?
- Which treatment option do you recommend?
- What is the goal of treatment? Is it to eliminate cancer or to help me feel better, or both?
- What are the chances for success with the planned treatments?
- What are the side effects of treatment, both short term and long term?
- Can I change our minds after we start the treatment?
- What will be the effects of the treatment on my daily life?
- Can I work, exercise and perform his daily activities?
- What about the cost of the treatment?
Questions about Radiotherapy or Chemotherapy
- What kind of therapy do you recommend and why?
- How long will it take for a treatment?
- What side effects are expected during and after the treatment?
- What are the long term effects of the treatment?
- How can you prevent or reduce these effects?
Questions to ask about Inflammatory Breast Cancer surgery
- What type of surgery will I have?
- How many procedures of this type has the surgeon done?
- How long will the operation last?
- Is the surgery safe?
- How long do I need to stay in the hospital?
- What are the short-term and long-term effects of the surgery?
Questions to ask about breast reconstruction
- Is breast reconstruction an option for me?
- What types of breast reconstruction options do I have?
- What are the advantages and disadvantages of each?
Taking part in a clinical trial for Inflammatory Breast Cancer
- Is there any clinical trial available currently I can take part in?
- How does being a part of the trial change my treatment option?
- What is the aim and background of this trial?
Choosing not to have treatment
- Can we opt not to have any treatment?
- What are the possibilities if we decide not to take any treatment?
- If I avoid treatment now, can he have it later?
- If I take the treatment later, would the aim and result be the same?
Question about Breast Cancer after treatment
- What happens after treatment finishes?
- How long will it take to live everyday life?
Questions about cancer recurrence
- How will we know that cancer has come back?
- What can be the symptoms and signs for a cancer recurrence?
- How can we reduce the risk of cancer coming back?
- What is an approach to stay healthy after treatment?
Questions about follow-up care for Inflammatory Breast Cancer
- What are the follow-up tests?
- How regularly do I need to visit the oncologist?
- Who will have my treatment summary, and how can I take them and a survivorship care plan to keep in my records?
- Which survivorship support services are available to me? To my family?