Eyelid cancer is diagnosed based on its symptoms. The signs and symptoms of eyelid cancer experienced by the individuals help describe a medical problem. Some of the common symptom of eyelid cancer include the change in the appearance of the eyelid skin, swelling of the eyelid, thickening of the eyelid, chronic infection of the eyelid, ulceration (an area where the skin is broken) on the eyelid that does not heal, spreading, coloured mass on the eyelid, loss of eyelashes, sore that’s the bloody, crusty, or scabbed, flat, and skin-coloured or brown lesion that looks like a scar.
Signs and Symptoms of Eyelid Cancer
People with eyelid cancer may experience the mentioned symptoms or signs. Sometimes people with eyelid cancer do not show any of these symptom. Or, these symptoms may be caused by a medical condition that is not cancer.
- A change in the appearance of the eyelid skin
- Swelling of the eyelid
- Thickening of the eyelid
- Chronic infection of the eyelid
- Ulceration (an area where the skin is broken) on the eyelid that does not heal
- A spreading, colored mass on the eyelid
- Loss of eyelashes
- Sore that’s bloody, crusty, or scabbed
- Flat, skin-colored or brown lesion that looks like a scar
If you are concerned about one or more of the symptoms or signs on this list, please talk with your doctor.