Below are some links that can provide ample information regarding childhood ependymoma, covering all aspects of the disease condition. These links will help render truthful information regarding the disease, its diagnosis, symptoms and signs, risk factors, treatments and post-treatment care.
The below links give general information regarding what is a childhood ependymoma, its causes, signs, symptoms and much more:
- Childhood Ependymoma (Brain Cancer): Diagnosis & Treatment (emedicinehealth.com)
- Ependymomas (childhoodbraintumor.org)
- Ependymoma in childhood: prognostic factors, the extent of surgery, and adjuvant therapy in Journal of Neurosurgery Volume 97 Issue 4 (2002) Journals (thejns.org)
- Ependymoma: Symptoms and treatment (medicalnewstoday.com)
Signs and symptoms of childhood ependymoma:
- Symptoms and Signs of Childhood Ependymoma (Brain Cancer): Treatment (emedicinehealth.com)
- Ependymoma – Childhood: Symptoms and Signs | Cancer.Net
- Childhood Ependymoma Treatment (PDQ®): Health Professional Version – PubMed (nih.gov)
- Childhood Ependymoma Treatment (PDQ®)–Health Professional Version – National Cancer Institute
- Ependymoma – Childhood: Types of Treatment | Cancer.Net
- Carboplatin as a Radiosensitizer in Treating Childhood Ependymoma – Full Text View – ClinicalTrials.gov
- Current Clinical Challenges in Childhood Ependymoma: A Focused Review | Journal of Clinical Oncology (ascopubs.org)
- An International Clinical Program for the Diagnosis and Treatment of Children With Ependymoma – Full Text View – ClinicalTrials.gov
Other Important aspects in dealing with ependymoma-childhood tumours(or any form of cancer in general):
- To find about cancer specialists nearby you, you can make use of the free database of doctors and cancer care specialists created by the American Society of Clinical Oncology: cancer specialists in your local area
- To know more about the medical terms and phrases related to cancer treatment and care, use the following link: medical phrases and terms used in cancer care and treatment.
- To know more about ongoing clinical trials for childhood ependymoma: clinical trials.
- Also, read and understand more about the primary steps you should take once you are diagnosed with cancer: first steps to take when you are diagnosed with a potentially serious medical condition.
- Information regarding managing the financial cost of cancer treatment and care: managing the financial costs
- To Manage the mental health, stress and emotions of patients and their loved ones: coping with the emotions.
- Additional services and support: national, not-for-profit advocacy organization
What all to do post-treatment: when you finish treatment.