Turmeric consists of the bioactive compound known as curcuminoids, and curcumin is known to be one of such curcuminoid compounds. Turmeric consists of 2%-9% of curcuminoid concentration, while 75% of these active curcuminoids are curcumin. Hence, experts consider curcumin as the prime compound of turmeric.
Curcumin is the most pleiotropic molecule that exhibits antibacterial activity. In fact, this polyphenol compound has shown anti-inflammatory, hypoglycemic, antioxidant, wound-healing, and antimicrobial activities 1. Experts have also conducted several preclinical studies for representing curcumin’s therapeutic potential against different human diseases. It has also shown indirect efficacy interaction with several signaling molecules.
Curcumin extract capsules are, in other words, the powerhouse of antioxidants. Experts extract it for the production of supplements showing higher potency when compared to turmeric 2. Turmeric tends to have lower bioavailability, and hence pepper addition is essentially an important aspect to improve its bioavailability. The addition of piperine (also known as black pepper) shows efficacy in health treatment, reducing existing inflammation and dampening future inflammatory pathways. Curcumin capsules are mainly for reducing the pain response.
Curcumin with turmeric extract capsules possesses several medicinal properties 3. In fact, these tablets are effective in reducing inflammation and supporting healthy joints. It is further effective in maintaining cholesterol and blood sugar and fungal and bacterial growth. Several other supplements of curcumin with turmeric extract are available on the market.
The intake of curcumin capsules and tablets is recommended by doctors, also mostly 500 to 2,000 mg of turmeric curcumin per day. These tablets and capsules have a high concentration of curcumin with much more amount that occurs naturally in foods.
Benefits of curcumin in tablet and capsule form
Some of the benefits of curcumin as tablets and capsules are discussed below:
- The curcumin tablets and capsules are effective in weight loss.
- It helps in reducing joint pains.
- It helps reduce inflammation that shows effectiveness in managing exercise-induced inflammation, which further increases the level of recovery and performance among active individuals.
- The symptoms of Hay fever, depression, high level of cholesterol, osteoarthritis, itching, obesity, and heart disease are treated by consumption of curcumin in tablets and capsules.
- It is effective in boosting the immune system.
- It support wound healing through its antibacterial effects.
- Curcumin Tablets are the most effective nutritional supplement and stimulate the body’s antioxidant enzymes.
- 1.Aggarwal BB, Sung B. Pharmacological basis for the role of curcumin in chronic diseases: an age-old spice with modern targets. Trends in Pharmacological Sciences. Published online February 2009:85-94. doi:10.1016/j.tips.2008.11.002
- 2.Kotha RR, Luthria DL. Curcumin: Biological, Pharmaceutical, Nutraceutical, and Analytical Aspects. Molecules. Published online August 13, 2019:2930. doi:10.3390/molecules24162930
- 3.Akaberi M, Sahebkar A, Emami SA. Turmeric and Curcumin: From Traditional to Modern Medicine. Studies on Biomarkers and New Targets in Aging Research in Iran. Published online 2021:15-39. doi:10.1007/978-3-030-56153-6_2