Coronavirus In India alias COVID-19 outbreak declared as a pandemic. It may be worrisome for cancer patients and their families as they are at high risk of serious illness from an infection. Immune system of cancer patients is weakened by cancer and its treatments, so they are vulnerable. Patients and their caregivers should take all precautions to avoid contact of people and stay away from crowded place.
- Take everyday precautions to keep space between yourself and others.
- When you go out in public, keep away from others who are sick, limit close contact and wash your hands often.
- Avoid crowds as much as possible.
- Avoid cruise travel and non-essential air travel.
- During a COVID-19 outbreak in your community, stay at home as much as possible to further reduce your risk of being exposed.
- Contact your healthcare provider to ask about obtaining extra necessary medications to have on hand in case there is an outbreak of COVID-19 in your community and you need to stay home for a prolonged period of time.
Individually each nation is taking essential steps to curb and control the spread of the disease through measures like cancelling and dismissing the visas for international travel, observing and quarantining infected people and the people who have come in contact with them, making test kits available, screening at the airports and railway stations, sanitizing the areas where population of old people and children are more.
Social distancing is critical in today’s time to curb the spreading of virus while India is at stage 2 of this pandemic according to ICMR (Indian Council for Medical Research) hence state governments have urged people to completely avoid mass gatherings.
Big drug companies, universities and biotech startups are on a fast track mode to create a vaccine for this unique virus. The good news is due to the leaps in technology such as ability to rapidly sequence various genomes to create vaccines out of messenger RNA are speeding up the process of development.
Once these vaccines are available to the public, Indian government and citizens of our country should ensure that the sick, elderly and children are the first to get vaccinated. The entire world now needs to understand the importance of humanistic values and this pandemic is giving us a chance to realize and respect the dignity of every life.
Finally, United Nations, Governments and NGOs have to coordinate well with one another to protect all people.
Natural Remedies and Supplements that might help you fight Coronavirus In India
These are some of the basic measures you can take to protect yourself against coronavirus.
The list consists of some basic natural remedies and supplements that may not have been proven to fight coronovirus with a cent percent success rate, however they surely have their own benefits.
Here goes the list :
- Vitamin C -Vitamin C can be easily consumed in the form of citrus fruits like orange and lime or sweet peppers as well.
- Zinc – Zinc can be consumed in the form of tablets (eg 20mg per day)
- Garlic– Make use of Garlic while preparing everyday meals.
- Vitamin D– The best way to consume Vitamin D is through Sun exposure.
- Coconut Oil– Switch to coconut oil for cooking purposes for it innumerable benefits.