Brand name: Aliqopa
Use in Cancer Treatment
There are conditions to authorize Copanlisib hydrochloride such as:
- A relapsed case of follicular lymphoma.
- Adults who have had at least two previous systemic therapies.
The FDA’s Accelerated Approval Program has authorized its usage. As per a confirmatory study (or trials), copanlisib hydrochloride offers a therapeutic benefit in these individuals as a condition of approval. Copanlisib hydrochloride is also under research for use in the treatment of various cancers.
Copanlisib is a phosphoinositide 3-kinase (PI3K) inhibitor with potential antineoplastic action, in its dihydrochloride salt form. This hydrochloride inhibits the PI3K signaling pathway, which may lead to tumor cell growth and survival suppression insensitive tumor cell populations. Activation of the PI3K signaling pathway is commonly linked to carcinogenesis. And PI3K signaling dysregulation may lead to tumor resistance to a number of anticancer drugs.
Copanlisib Hydrochloride – A summary of key facts regarding this medication in layman’s terms, which may contain the following:
- Cautions about this medicine
- What it is used for and how it is used
- Who should you consult before taking it
- What you should know about it before using it
- Other drugs that might interact with it
- Possible negative effects.