When making up your mind about treatment, you must know every detail about the treatment you opt for. It would be best to ask questions about anything about Central Nervous System Tumor that you don’t understand.
Don’t forget that you can ask your healthcare team questions during and after the treatment.
Questions to ask after Central Nervous System Tumor diagnosis
- What type of tumor has been diagnosed?
- Can you explain my pathology report?
- Where is the location of cancer exactly?
- What is the grade of my cancer?
- What is the tumor’s molecular subtype? What does this mean?
- Should we go for a second opinion?
- Should we seek genetic testing or counselling?
- What is your familiarity with the tumor my child has?
Questions to ask about Central Nervous System Tumor treatment options
- What are my child’s treatment options?
- Which treatment option do you recommend?
- What is the goal of treatment? Is it to eliminate cancer, help me feel better, or both?
- What are the chances for success with the planned treatments?
- What are the side effects of treatment, both short term and long term?
- Can we change our minds after we start the treatment?
- What will be the effects of the treatment on my child’s daily life?
- Can my child work, exercise and perform his daily activities?
- What about the cost of the treatment?
Questions about Radiotherapy or Chemotherapy
- What kind of therapy do you recommend and why?
- How long will it take for a treatment?
- What side are effects expected during and after the treatment?
- What are the long term effects of the treatment?
- How can you prevent or reduce these effects?
Questions to ask about Central Nervous System Tumor surgery
- What type of surgery will my child have?
- How many procedures of this type have the surgeon done?
- How long will the operation last?
- Is the surgery safe?
- How long does my child need to stay in the hospital?
- What are the short-term and long-term effects of the surgery?
Taking part in a clinical trial
- Is there any clinical trial available currently my child can take part in?
- How does being a part of the trial change my child’s treatment option?
- What is the aim and background of this trial?
Choosing not to have treatment
- Can we opt not to have any treatment?
- What are the possibilities if we decide not to take any medicine?
- If my child avoids treatment now, can he have it later?
- Would the aim and result be the same if my child takes the treatment last?
Question about Central Nervous System Tumor after treatment
- What happens after treatment finishes?
- How long will it take to live everyday life?
Questions about Central Nervous System Tumor recurrence
- How will we know that cancer has come back?
- What can be the symptoms and signs of a cancer recurrence?
- How can we reduce the risk of cancer coming back?
- What is an approach to staying healthy after treatment?
Questions about Central Nervous System Tumor follow-up care
- What are the follow-up tests?
- How regularly do I need to visit the oncologist?
- Who will have my child’s treatment summary, and how can I take them and a survivorship care plan to keep in my records?
- Which survivorship support services are available to my child? To my family?