Ginger and Garlic
Cancer prevention/ Cancer treatment
Ginger and Garlic cannot certainly cure all types of cancer, but it has been found that it has the ability to reduce the risk of cancer symptoms of the following:
- Breast cancer
- Colon cancer
- Stomach cancer
- Prostate cancer
- Esophageal cancer
- Pancreatic cancer
Anti-Cancer Compounds in Ginger and Garlic.
Garlic is known to be antibacterial, anti-inflammatory, antiviral, and has natural antioxidants. It has properties that enhance genetic repair; it slows down the process of proliferation and prevents carcinogenic formation in the body, whereas Ginger is known to be a thousand times more powerful than Chemotherapy. According to the diet and metabolic counseling for cancer, Ginger and Garlic are known as natural cancer-fighters and have antioxidant properties. Oncologists prescribe the usage of Ginger and Garlic to reduce cancer spreading in your body. It also aids in the prevention of recurrent care.
Detailed anticancer activity of Ginger and its compounds:
|S.no||Compound name||Cancer||Mechanism||Cell system/ line|
|_р?-Elemene||non-small-cell Lung Cancer cells r||Release of cytochrome||In vitro|
|Ginger _р_р_р whole and -gingerol||Ovarian cancer||tumor growth||In vitro|
|3.||Ginger extract||Liver cancer||Reduced the elevated expression of TNF||rats.|
|4.||-gingerol||Breast cancer, skin cancer, colon cancer||Inhibits cell adhesion, Enhances apoptosis, Inhibition of leukotriene activity||In vitro, mouse, mice|
|5.||Zerumbone||Lung cancer, Colon Cancer||Reduces expression of NF-_р?B.||mouse|
- Flavonoids These antioxidant and anti-inflammatory compounds fight cancer-producing cells.
- Selenium and allyl sulfides These are plant cells that contain anti-mutagens that are used for cancer prevention as they stimulate damage repair for DNA.
- Allicin This is a very powerful compound found in plants. This compound is known to be antifungal and antibiotic.
- 6-gingerol and 6-shogaol These are the active compounds found in Ginger that exhibit anti-cancer properties. These compounds aid in the death of cancer cells against the gastrointestinal tract.
How to use Garlic and Ginger so that it aids maximum health benefits:
Ginger and Garlic help boost your health in several ways, especially when it is fresh and uncooked. Other forms of Ginger and Garlic that are beneficial are Garlic powder, Garlic extract, Garlic essential oil, Garlic oil macerate, dried ginger, pickled ginger, candied Ginger. You must understand the best way to cook and prepare dishes with Ginger and Garlic for maximum benefits and must buy them fresh in grocery stores. You don’t need to eat a lot of garlic, but as minimum as one clove of Garlic each day can help reduce the risks of cancer. You must not microwave ginger, garlic, as it destroys all their health benefits. Instead of that, you can consider saut?_рing slightly, baking or steaming. While buying Garlic you must make sure that it is fresh.
Signs that indicate that the Ginger or Garlic is fresh include:
- The outer skin is even colored with no dark or light patches
- Cloves are plump
- There are no green sprouts of leaves on the garlic
- The head has a weight
- The Garlic is solid, and the head is very firm
- The Ginger does not smell as strong as when it is fresh
Ginger and Garlic are the best-known natural cancer-fighting agents. They must be consumed daily as a part of our meals to aid the production of cancer-fighting cells in our body. As an antioxidant, there is no harm in incorporating Ginger into one’s diet as a supplement. However, Ginger intake should be maintained and it is best advised to follow a balanced diet, recommended by nutritionists and cancer care providers.