US Brand Name(s): Yondelis
Use in Cancer Treatment
Trabectedin is to treat the following conditions:
- Liposarcoma and leiomyosarcoma (soft tissue sarcomas) when cannot be surgically removed
- or have spread (spread to other parts of the body). It is also for individuals who have already had anthracycline chemotherapy.
Trabectedin is also under research for use in the treatment of various cancers.
Detailed scientific definition – Definition from the NCI Drug Dictionary
Trabectedin– MedlinePlus Facts
A layman’s overview of key information regarding this medication, which may contain the following:
- Cautions about this medicine
- What is the use and how
- Whom should you consult before taking it
- What should you know about it before using it
- Other drugs that might interact with it
- Possible negative side effects
Drugs are frequently under research to see whether they can assist treatment or prevent conditions other than those already prevalent. This patient information leaflet covers uses which have been under authorization. Much of the material, though, might also apply to authorized uses that are under research.