Use in Tamoxifen Citrate Cancer Treatment
Tamoxifen citrate have authorization to treat the following conditions:
- Breast cancer affects both males and women. It is in use to treat people whose cancer has spread to other regions of their body (spread to other parts of the body).
- As a follow-up treatment for women whose cancer is already in treatment with surgery and radiation therapy.
- In situ ductal carcinoma (DCIS). It’s in use to lower the risk of invasive breast cancer in women who have undergone DCIS surgery and radiation therapy.
Tamoxifen citrate also has approval for the following uses:
- Breast cancer in women with a high chance of developing the disease.
Tamoxifen citrate is also under investigation as a therapy for various cancers.
Definition from the NCI Drug Dictionary – Detailed scientific definition
Tamoxifen Citrate Information from MedlinePlus – A summary of key facts regarding this medication in layman’s terms, which may contain the following:
- this drug’s cautionary statements,
- What is the purpose of this medication and how to use it?
- Thingsyou should inform your doctor about this medication before using it,
- What you should know about this medication before taking it
- additional medications that might interact with this one, and
- adverse consequences that might occur
Drugs are frequently under investigation to see whether they can assist treat or prevent conditions other than those for which they have authorization. Only authorized uses of the medication come under this patient information leaflet. Much of the material, though, might also apply to authorized uses that are under investigation