US Brand Name(s)Stivarga
Use of Regorafenib in Cancer Treatment
Regorafenib is to treat the following conditions:
- Colorectal cancer has spread to other regions of the body (spread to other parts of the body). It is also for people who haven’t responded to prior therapies.
- A locally advanced gastrointestinal stromal tumor that cannot be eliminated by surgery or has spread (spread to other parts of the body). For those whose illness hasn’t responded to imatinib mesylate or sunitinib malate.
- A hepatocellular carcinoma is a form of cancer that affects the liver (a type of liver cancer). It is also for individuals who have already received sorafenib treatment.
Regorafenib is also under research for use in the treatment of various cancers.
Detailed scientific definition- Definition from the NCI Drug Dictionary
Regorafenib Information on MedlinePlus
A summary of key information regarding this medication in layman’s terms, which may contain the following:
- Cautions about this medicine
- What is the use and how?
- Whom should you consult before taking it?
- What you should know about it before using it?
- Other drugs that might interact with it
- Possible negative effects
Drugs are frequently under research to see whether they can assist treat or prevent conditions other than those already prevalent. This patient information leaflet covers uses which have been under authorization. Much of the material, though, might also apply to authorized uses that are being investigated.