US Brand Name(s): Phesgo
Use in Cancer Treatment
Pertuzumab, trastuzumab, and hyaluronidase-zzxf are to be in combination with docetaxel or other treatments to treat the following conditions:
- Breast cancer is generally HER2 positive. It is for:
- In individuals with locally progressed, inflammatory, or early-stage breast cancer, as neoadjuvant treatment (to reduce the tumor before surgery). It can also be in conjunction with chemotherapy.
- In individuals with early-stage breast cancer who have a high chance of recurrence, as adjuvant treatment (come back). It can also be in conjunction with chemotherapy.
- Adults who have not had anti-HER2 treatment or chemotherapy for metastatic breast cancer. It is administered in combination with docetaxel.
Pertuzumab, trastuzumab, and hyaluronidase-zzxf is a subcutaneous injection that contains a set dosage of pertuzumab and trastuzumab. It takes less time to administer than infusions of pertuzumab or trastuzumab. See the Drug Information Summaries for Pertuzumab and Trastuzumab for further information about pertuzumab and trastuzumab that may apply to pertuzumab, trastuzumab, and hyaluronidase-zzxf.
Detailed scientific definition- Definition from the NCI Drug Dictionary
A summary of key facts regarding this medication in layman’s terms, which may contain the following:
- Cautions about this medicine
- What is the use and how?
- Whom should you consult before taking it?
- What you should know about it before using it?
- Other drugs that might interact with it
- Possible negative effects
Drugs are frequently under research to see whether they can assist treat or prevent conditions other than those already prevalent. This patient information leaflet covers uses which have been under authorization. Much of the material, though, might also apply to authorized uses that are being investigated.