US Brand Name(s) of Obinutuzumab: Gazyva
Use in Cancer Treatment
- Experts have authorized Obinutuzumab for usage in combination with other medications to treat:
- CLL (chronic lymphocytic leukaemia) is a kind of leukaemia that affects (CLL). In individuals who have not yet been treated for CLL, it is used with chlorambucil.
- Follicular lymphoma is a kind of lymphoma that affects the folli. People use it to:
- To treat follicular lymphoma that relapsed following therapy with rituximab or did not respond to treatment with bendamustine hydrochloride and then by itself.
- In individuals with stage II bulky, stage III, or stage IV follicular lymphoma, chemotherapy is the first-line treatment. Experts give obinutuzumab alone to patients who have achieved at least a partial remission.
Researchers are also researching Obinutuzumab for use in the treatment of various cancers.
Detailed scientific definition- Definition from the NCI Drug Dictionary
Obinutuzumab – Information on MedlinePlus – A summary of key information regarding this medication in layman’s terms, which may contain the following:
Cautions about this medicine; what are its uses and how to use it; what you should tell your doctor before taking it; things you should know about it before using it; other drugs that might interact with it; and possible negative effects.
Experts frequently investigate drugs to see whether they can treat or prevent conditions other than those with authorization. This patient information leaflet only covers authorized uses of the medications. However, much of the material might also apply to authorized uses under investigation.