US Brand Name(s) of Necitumumab: Portrazza
Use in Cancer Treatment
- Necitumumab is for use in combination with gemcitabine hydrochloride and cisplatin to treat the following conditions:
- Non-small cell lung cancer has spread squamous non-small cell lung cancer that has spread squamous non-small cell lung cancer that has spread (spread to other parts of the body). It’s the first line of defense.
Necitumumab is also under research for use in the treatment of various cancers.
Detailed scientific definition – Definition from the NCI Drug Dictionary
Necitumumab Facts on MedlinePlus
A summary of key information regarding this medication in layman’s terms, which may contain the following:
- Cautions about this medicine
- What is the use and how?
- Whom should you consult before taking it?
- What you should know about it before using it?
- Other drugs that might interact with it
- Possible negative effects
Drugs are frequently under research to see whether they can assist treat or prevent conditions other than those already prevalent. This patient information leaflet covers uses which have been under authorization. Much of the material, though, might also apply to authorized uses that are being investigated.