US Brand Name(s):Trexall Xatmep
Use of Methotrexate sodium in Cancer Treatment
Experts have authorized Methotrexate sodium for usage alone or in combination with other medications to treat:
- ALL, including ALL that has spread to the central nervous system, or to prevent it from spreading to the central neurological system. It may be utilised by both adults and children.
- Breast cancer is a disease that affects women.
- Gestational trophoblastic illness is a kind of trophoblastic disease that occurs during pregnancy.
- Cancer of the head and neck (certain types).
- Cancer of the lungs.
- Advanced mycosis fungoides (a form of cutaneous T-cell lymphoma). Adults are the ones who utilize it.
- A kind of non-Hodgkin lymphoma that has progressed. Adults are the ones who utilize it.
- Osteosarcoma that hasn’t spread to other body parts. It’s utilized after the main tumor has been removed by surgery.
Detailed scientific definition- Definition from the NCI Drug Dictionary
Methotrexate Sodium Information from MedlinePlus – A summary of key facts regarding this medication in layman’s terms, which may contain the following:
Cautions about this medicine; what are its uses and how to use it; what you should tell your doctor before taking it; things you should know about it before using it; other drugs that might interact with it; and also possible negative effects.
Experts frequently investigate drugs to see whether they can treat or prevent conditions other than those with authorization. This patient information leaflet only covers authorized uses of the medications. However, much of the material might also apply to authorized uses under investigation.