Use Megestrol acetate in Cancer Treatment
Megestrol acetate tablets are for the palliative treatment of advanced illness in the following conditions:
- Breast cancer is a disease that affects women.
- Endometrial carcinoma is a kind of cancer that affects the lining of the uterus.
- It is also under research for use in the treatment of various diseases and cancers.
A summary of key facts regarding this medication in layman’s terms, which may contain the following:
- Cautions about this medicine
- What is the use and how?
- Whom should you consult before taking it?
- What you should know about it before using it?
- Other drugs that might interact with it
- Possible negative effects
Drugs are frequently under research to see whether they can assist treat or prevent conditions other than those already prevalent. This patient information leaflet covers uses which have been under authorization. Much of the material, though, might also apply to authorized uses that are being investigated.