US Brand Name(s) for Lomustine: Gleostine
Use of Lomustine in Cancer Treatment
Lomustine is for usage alone or in combination with other medications to treat:
- Tumors of the brain. It is for individuals who have previously had surgery or radiation therapy.
- Hodgkin lymphoma is a kind of cancer. With chemotherapy for people whose illness has progressed following previous treatments.
- It is also being researched for use in the treatment of various cancers.
For detailed definition: Definition from the NCI Drug Dictionary
Lomustine Facts on MedlinePlus
A summary of key information regarding this medication in layman’s terms, which may contain the following:
- Cautions about this medicine
- What is the use and how?
- Whom should you consult before taking it?
- What you should know about it before using it?
- Other drugs that might interact with it
- Possible negative effects
Lomustine drugs are frequently under research to see whether they can assist treat or preventing conditions other than those already prevalent. These patient information leaflet covers uses which have been under authorization. Much of the material, though, might also apply to authorized uses that are being investigated.